Georgetown group interview request Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thatgumyoulike

New

Georgetown group interview request

Post by thatgumyoulike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 pm

A bit curious on the implications of this. I see they have done this a few years now, based on past TLS posts. Here's the situation:

I received an email asking me to do a group videochat interview, with the dean, at a law firm with 9 other applicants. I'm assuming my attendance will show interest, which maybe they are looking for with borderline candidates. Thoughts? I'm on the priority wait list, but below both medians (only slightly for the LSAT). Not sure about GULC at sticker.

Also, should I prep for something like this? Anyone go through a group interview and have advice?

talesofyore

Bronze

Re: Georgetown group interview request

Post by talesofyore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:52 am

thatgumyoulike wrote:A bit curious on the implications of this. I see they have done this a few years now, based on past TLS posts. Here's the situation:

I received an email asking me to do a group videochat interview, with the dean, at a law firm with 9 other applicants. I'm assuming my attendance will show interest, which maybe they are looking for with borderline candidates. Thoughts? I'm on the priority wait list, but below both medians (only slightly for the LSAT). Not sure about GULC at sticker.

Also, should I prep for something like this? Anyone go through a group interview and have advice?

Most awkward interview ever. I want to go back in time and not go. I didn't like the feeling of being summed up by everyone in the room.

If yours goes anything like mine, you'll get two assignments. For the first one you'll be put in a group to discuss it and present it along with your group mates. After that, there is an individual case for which the dean will randomly call on people for answers. FYI: in my group interview he definitely preferred the most conservative answers for the individual case study.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:39 am

A group video chat interview? Sounds like potentially the most awkward thing ever invented for the law school admissions process. If you're that keen on attending GULC, by all means go for it...

thatgumyoulike

New

Post by thatgumyoulike » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:A group video chat interview? Sounds like potentially the most awkward thing ever invented for the law school admissions process. If you're that keen on attending GULC, by all means go for it...
Not that keen without $, though hoping admission might help with scholarship negotiations with T1s in my region. Any opinions on whether attendance (or lack thereof) will affect admission? Equivalent to writing a strong LOCI?

talesofyore

Bronze

Post by talesofyore » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:06 pm

thatgumyoulike wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:A group video chat interview? Sounds like potentially the most awkward thing ever invented for the law school admissions process. If you're that keen on attending GULC, by all means go for it...
Not that keen without $, though hoping admission might help with scholarship negotiations with T1s in my region. Any opinions on whether attendance (or lack thereof) will affect admission? Equivalent to writing a strong LOCI?
I'd say that as awkward it might be, you should just go and do the interview. You'll always wonder "what if" otherwise. Even though mine sucked I guess I'm still kinda happy I did it for that reason. Also, maybe it sucking so much in my opinion was colored by me not ever really being interested in attending Georgetown, but applying due to the fee waiver they sent me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 pm

talesofyore wrote:
thatgumyoulike wrote:
I'd say that as awkward it might be, you should just go and do the interview. You'll always wonder "what if" otherwise. Even though mine sucked I guess I'm still kinda happy I did it for that reason. Also, maybe it sucking so much in my opinion was colored by me not ever really being interested in attending Georgetown, but applying due to the fee waiver they sent me.
I feel the exact same way. Even if by some miracle I'm not flat-out rejected and they ask me to do a group interview, I'm probably going to decline. GULC has awful employment statistics and their class sizes are a bit too big for my liking. Come to think of it, I basically just applied there because of the fee waiver.

j-select

New

Post by j-select » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 pm

i had mine a week ago. has anyone heard anything lately?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”