Addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gable sans stache

Addendum?

Postby gable sans stache » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 pm

So I'm a journalist a couple years removed from college, and life is good. I graduated from a well regarded jschool with a 3.9, but my first year of college at a different public university didn't go so well. I ran with the wrong crowd, got a couple of minor misdemeanor arrests, and ended up with a 2.1. I then truly found a passion for journalism through the school newspaper, transferred and got myself on the straight and narrow.

That makes my cumulative GPA ~3.6 to go along with a 170 (I'm retaking in June).

My question: Since I'm planning to focus my PS on my work experience (by far the most important and formative time of my life), I don't think I'm able to address my personal growth leading up to the transfer (the 2nd-most important and formative time of my life). There's no excuse for my grades and soaring level of dumbassness during that year, but I feel it's something for which I should provide some sort of explanation.

Do you think they'll read between the lines, or should I include it somewhere? GPA addendum? C/F addendum? Thanks for reading guys.

Rahviveh

Re: Addendum?

Postby Rahviveh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Ehhh... you still ended up with a 3.6. I wouldn't bother. Your experience is common. Good luck on the retake, you already have solid stats.

law2015

Postby law2015 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm

It is not likely to help at all but with that type of a grade swing I would write an addendum. In your situation it can't hurt you, just don't make excuses.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:49 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Ehhh... you still ended up with a 3.6. I wouldn't bother. Your experience is common. Good luck on the retake, you already have solid stats.

gable sans stache

Postby gable sans stache » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Ehhh... you still ended up with a 3.6. I wouldn't bother. Your experience is common. Good luck on the retake, you already have solid stats.

Thanks, I was leaning that way. I just don't feel comfortable with that big of an elephant in the room going unacknowledged.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”