In at Stanford, want to go to Harvard

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lakers24fan

In at Stanford, want to go to Harvard

Postby lakers24fan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm a Mexican male URM, 169 LSAT, 3.98 GPA.

Got accepted to Stanford a while back but really want to go to Harvard. About three weeks ago I got put on hold at H, and let's be honest, I probably won't hear back until at least late April.

I was wondering if I could expedite the decision process by informing H that, while I already got into S, my top choice remains H. Basically, I want to use the fact that I got into a higher ranked (at least for now) school + URM status in order to get a decision (hopefully an acceptance, haha) out of H sooner.

Anyone think this is a good idea/tried this before? And if so, should I wait a little while longer to contact H (seeing as how its only the last day of February)?

ajr

Re: In at Stanford, want to go to Harvard

Postby ajr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 pm

lakers24fan wrote:I was wondering if I could expedite the decision process by informing H that, while I already got into S, my top choice remains H.
?

Sure, you can do that. Just ask nicely. Congrats!

PRgradBYU

Re: In at Stanford, want to go to Harvard

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am

I've only ever heard of people negotiating scholarships with schools, not acceptances. But hey it's definitely worth a shot. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”