Send in updated resume?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
astrodoggy

Send in updated resume?

Postby astrodoggy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:53 pm

When I submitted in December I listed an internship that I was starting in January, but none of the things that I would actually do (since I had not yet done anything). Now that I'm 2 months into it, should I send an updated resume with my responsibilities on it?

I work for a notable international governmental organization.

PRgradBYU

Re: Send in updated resume?

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 am

More context, please. Have you been wait-listed by the school you're talking about? Or are you asking if you should submit an updated resume to all of the schools you've applied to?

(In any event, the answer to your question is most likely "no.")

astrodoggy

Postby astrodoggy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm pending at 16 schools. So are we saying i should just hold off until I get WL?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 pm

I actually would try to avoid falling into the waitlist. As long as it has been a considerable amount of time since your application, I see no harm sending an update.

What I did is I sent short e-mails to each school asking them if they accepted supplemental/updated materials at this time. They all said yes, and I sent my updated with no qualms.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:17 am

astrodoggy wrote:When I submitted in December I listed an internship that I was starting in January, but none of the things that I would actually do (since I had not yet done anything). Now that I'm 2 months into it, should I send an updated resume with my responsibilities on it?

I work for a notable international governmental organization.

Are the things you're doing unexpected based on the information you provided when you first submitted the resume?

If you put "Research Intern" as your title, and you're planning to update with "Conduct research into issues of interest", then skip it. If you wrote "Coffee Intern" as your job title, but you're instead doing substantial work, then update it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”