An annoying question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
heywatchitbuddy

An annoying question

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

The question is essentially this: should I take one W on my transcript and end up with a final LSAC gpa .03 higher (either 4.0 or 3.97) or finish out the class and end up with my LSAC .03 lower (down to possibly a 3.94).

So basically is a W bad enough that I should not bother dropping and take the GPA hit? Thanks guys and sorry for this somewhat asinine question, but it could result in me not being above some 75ths so I figured it was worth asking.

John_rizzy_rawls

Re: An annoying question

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:08 pm

heywatchitbuddy wrote:The question is essentially this: should I take one W on my transcript and end up with a final LSAC gpa .03 higher (either 4.0 or 3.97) or finish out the class and end up with my LSAC .03 lower (down to possibly a 3.94).

So basically is a W bad enough that I should not bother dropping and take the GPA hit? Thanks guys and sorry for this somewhat asinine question, but it could result in me not being above some 75ths so I figured it was worth asking.

Take the higher GPA. Nobody cares about W's unless they're excessive.

heywatchitbuddy

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
heywatchitbuddy wrote:The question is essentially this: should I take one W on my transcript and end up with a final LSAC gpa .03 higher (either 4.0 or 3.97) or finish out the class and end up with my LSAC .03 lower (down to possibly a 3.94).

Yeah this will be my first one, and I don't have any Ps or anything either, so this realistically won't have any effect at all?

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 pm

heywatchitbuddy wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:

Yeah this will be my first one, and I don't have any Ps or anything either, so this realistically won't have any effect at all?

Nope. Seriously no one cares about Ws unless they surpass around 5, maybe more.

Even if you were at 5 I would probably still suggest the higher GPA.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Take the higher GPA. Nobody cares about W's unless they're excessive.

+1

heywatchitbuddy

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am

Nova wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Take the higher GPA. Nobody cares about W's unless they're excessive.

+1

thanks guys I will be taking the advice. the situation is basically I'm in a class where everything is graded by the TA, and I got a shit TA. so yeah I'll be glad I can get out of it.

dowu

Postby dowu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 am

heywatchitbuddy wrote:
Nova wrote:

+1

thanks guys I will be taking the advice. the situation is basically I'm in a class where everything is graded by the TA, and I got a shit TA. so yeah I'll be glad I can get out of it.

Get out and never look back. Protect that GPA likes it's your first-born child. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”