Non-degree course LoR question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kryptik

Non-degree course LoR question

Postby kryptik » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:00 pm

I graduated from UG 2 years ago and have 1 LOR from a professor and 1 from my current employer.

I'm going to be applying in the fall and was thinking about taking a few summer courses at my local state university, mostly out of a desire have a better grasp of some subjects that I didn't do as well in at the end of college that have practical application (math/stats). I've had some trouble tracking down definitive answers to this info, so I have two quick questions for TLS:

1. If I am a non-degree seeking student can I still get LoRs from those professors that would be accepted by LSAC?
2. I know any grades received from those courses wouldn't effect my LSAC GPA, but would I have to still submit those summer transcripts to schools I'm applying too?

Thank you for any insight.

cinephile

Re: Non-degree course LoR question

Postby cinephile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Yes you have to submit those transcripts and yes the recommendations would work from those profs too.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 pm

kryptik wrote:I graduated from UG 2 years ago and have 1 LOR from a professor and 1 from my current employer.

I'm going to be applying in the fall and was thinking about taking a few summer courses at my local state university, mostly out of a desire have a better grasp of some subjects that I didn't do as well in at the end of college that have practical application (math/stats). I've had some trouble tracking down definitive answers to this info, so I have two quick questions for TLS:

1. If I am a non-degree seeking student can I still get LoRs from those professors that would be accepted by LSAC?
2. I know any grades received from those courses wouldn't effect my LSAC GPA, but would I have to still submit those summer transcripts to schools I'm applying too?

Thank you for any insight.

Bullshit.

kryptik

Postby kryptik » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

cinephile wrote:Yes you have to submit those transcripts and yes the recommendations would work from those profs too.

Thanks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”