Questions regarding LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
10romeom

Questions regarding LOR

Postby 10romeom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm

I currently have 3 letters of recommendation, which I have not read. I'm fully confident that 2 of them are stellar, but the third one does scare me a little bit, as i sort of had a falling out with the prof. All three letters are already on my LSAC profile, so my question is, if I get an additional LOR, can i just choose to not use the other one? or seeing as how it is on my LSAC profile, am i obligated to use it for my application?

BelugaWhale

Re: Questions regarding LOR

Postby BelugaWhale » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Last edited by BelugaWhale on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Re: Questions regarding LOR

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

You choose what they see/get; schools won't know anything other than what you choose to let them know; don't piss off professors.

Two is fine... in fact, two is preferred unless you know that the third will add a new diminsion to your app that the first two didnt. And, if you think this other prof would do such a thing for your app, why didnt you use him/her the first time? Make sure the three letters each show a different/unique aspect of you - if not, you should only be sending two.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”