.privacy

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
john09121

.privacy

Postby john09121 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Last edited by john09121 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Re: Who Sees International Transcripts?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm

john09121 wrote:I'm currently studying abroad in Finland for one semester. The education system here is wildly disorganized. I'm really stressed out and worried that I might blemish my GPA while I'm here. I read on LSAC's website that I don't have to send the transcript to LSAC if I've studied abroad less than a year. But what about individual schools? What is Harvard's policy with international transcripts, for example?

Why didn't you look into this before studying abroad? With a wildly disorganized education system (read: best education system in the world, you'd think someone might have written about it before?

Harvard's Website makes it seem fairly clear, no?... its referering to the LSAC service btw
If you completed any postsecondary work outside the US (including its territories) or Canada, you must use this service for the evaluation of your foreign transcripts. The one exception to this requirement is if you completed the foreign work through a study abroad, consortium, or exchange program sponsored by a US or Canadian institution, and the work is clearly indicated as such on the home campus transcript.?

john09121

.privacy

Postby john09121 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Last edited by john09121 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm

john09121 wrote:If you actually read the article (and all the others like it), you'll find that Finland has one of the best k-12 (equivalent) education systems in the world. As for higher education.. not so much. What's more, Finland's high test scores are more related to their commitment to social equity. Everyone has a decent education. They beat us on average, but our best schools are better than their best schools. I've found that the same could be said of the girls here.

Totally didn't read beyond the headline... hahaha. Wait, really? I thought those nordic countries were all super hot. My dreams have been crushed.

soontobelawschooler

Postby soontobelawschooler » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 pm

if you are abroad through your school's abroad/exchange program, you won't need a separate one as long as you follow your school's credit transfer guidelines. Ask your abroad adviser.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”