Summer Plan Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
heywatchitbuddy

Summer Plan Question

Postby heywatchitbuddy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:06 pm

hey guys, I'm planning on working on an organic farm in Scandinavia for most of the summer this year (through WWOOF if anyone's interested), and wanted to know how this would look to adcoms. I'll be doing it regardless because I'm passionate about it, but would places like Boalt/Stanford find it interesting? Thanks

cinephile

Re: Summer Plan Question

Postby cinephile » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:11 pm

heywatchitbuddy wrote:hey guys, I'm planning on working on an organic farm in Scandinavia for most of the summer this year (through WWOOF if anyone's interested), and wanted to know how this would look to adcoms. I'll be doing it regardless because I'm passionate about it, but would places like Boalt/Stanford find it interesting? Thanks

It sounds like a fantastic experience!

It'll be looked at the same as any other summer job. No summer job can make or break you (actually, there might be a few that could break you).

Ramius

Postby Ramius » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

They'd find it interesting if you make it interesting. A lot of people applying to those schools have really cool stories, so it's how you tell it that will make a difference.

In the end, do what you want to do (as it seems you're doing) and figure out how to craft your image to law schools/potential employers later. It doesn't lack the interesting angle, but they won't be dripping saliva on your resume because of it.

dkb17xzx

Postby dkb17xzx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 pm

second what's said above

sounds like an awesome experience and you should do it for just that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”