LOCI Questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
icanbeohyes

LOCI Questions

Postby icanbeohyes » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:55 pm

I have seen the posts about LOCI samples. However, I was just curious about whether or not it could be acceptable to talk about a different aspect of a school that I am interested in that differs from my what I've spoken about in my Personal Statement?

Another question: Is following exactly (obviously with a little variation) what is written in those posts recommended?

TripTrip

Re: LOCI Questions

Postby TripTrip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 am

icanbeohyes wrote:I was just curious about whether or not it could be acceptable to talk about a different aspect of a school that I am interested in that differs from my what I've spoken about in my Personal Statement?
No. You're only allowed to like one thing about each law school. Just like girls in the sixth grade: once you tell her she has pretty eyes, that's the only thing you're allowed to compliment her about from then on.

Seriously though, of course you can talk about something different.

icanbeohyes wrote:Is following exactly (obviously with a little variation) what is written in those posts recommended?
No, not really. If you're so disinterested in a school that you're just planning on copying word for word the TLS LOCI format, why even send one?

icanbeohyes

Re: LOCI Questions

Postby icanbeohyes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 pm

TripTrip wrote:
icanbeohyes wrote:I was just curious about whether or not it could be acceptable to talk about a different aspect of a school that I am interested in that differs from my what I've spoken about in my Personal Statement?
No. You're only allowed to like one thing about each law school. Just like girls in the sixth grade: once you tell her she has pretty eyes, that's the only thing you're allowed to compliment her about from then on.

Seriously though, of course you can talk about something different.

icanbeohyes wrote:Is following exactly (obviously with a little variation) what is written in those posts recommended?
No, not really. If you're so disinterested in a school that you're just planning on copying word for word the TLS LOCI format, why even send one?

I obviously did not mean writing it word for word, but thanks. Was just having trouble figuring out how to set it up.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”