Committed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Aldo

Committed?

Postby Aldo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 am

After being deferred from my ED school (to the RD pool), I submitted a LOCI that stated [paraphrasing]: 'My decision to attend X, should I be accepted, has long since been decided.'

I meant what I said, as this has always been a dream reach, and my other favored schools seemed highly unrealistic. I was admitted to this school almost two months after sending the letter (no correspondence in between), but my cycle has been going better than expected. I still love the school, but some of its peer schools are nonetheless enticing, and I want to factor in varying financial aid offers once/if they come around.

Seeing as my ED contract was voided with their holding my application, does the language in my letter bind me in any ethical way? I'm not trying to be a bad guy here, just want to keep my options open.

Thanks all

jselson

Re: Committed?

Postby jselson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:13 pm

From the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be about having once been admitted to a mental institution, ha.

What are the schools you're looking at?

PRgradBYU

Re: Committed?

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Aldo wrote:Seeing as my ED contract was voided with their holding my application, does the language in my letter bind me in any ethical way?

That's wholly dependent on your own ethical standards, Aldo. I would personally feel obligated to attend given my personal code of ethics, but that's just me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”