2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest (Winners Announced)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Renne Walker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:Hahahaha you're cute. I think NYU is higher than Yale in Cooley's rankings too!!!

True... but I was saving that big gun for later...! :D

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby North » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Seriously. How does NYU vault past Columbia and Stanford (LOL) and leave Penn behind?

Don't you know that employers make hiring decisions based solely on rankings? (see BB and Sheff, supra)

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Renne Walker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm

North wrote:Don't you know that employers make hiring decisions based solely on rankings?

The expert witness input is appreciated. And with that, I Thank you and I rest my case!

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby banjo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Surprised so many people think Georgetown will finally break into the T14 this year.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 pm

    _0. Cooley
    _1. Yale
    _2. Harvard
    _3. Stanford
    _4. Columbia
    _5. Chicago
    _6. Penn
    _ UVA
    _8. NYU
    _9. Berk
    10. Mich
    11. Nu
    12. Duke
    13. Cornell
    Georgetown
    15. Texas
    16. Vandy
    17. USC
    18. UCLA
    19. Minnesota
    20. WUSTL
    21. GW
    22. UND
    23. Emory
    UWash
    W&L

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby North » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Finally. Keep them coming, bros.

User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:46 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
    _0. Cooley



:lol:

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
    _0. Cooley



:lol:

Have you SEEN the size of their libraries?

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Real Madrid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm

I would like to see Penn pass NYU just to watch the meltdown on TLS.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby North » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Real Madrid wrote:I would like to see Penn pass NYU just to watch the meltdown on TLS.

I don't know, Penn has had a great rep on TLS lately. So far ITT, people are quite certain that Penn is solidly at #7. I wouldn't be too surprised or offended if Penn bumped up.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm

North wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:I would like to see Penn pass NYU just to watch the meltdown on TLS.

I don't know, Penn has had a great rep on TLS lately. So far ITT, people are quite certain that Penn is solidly at #7. I wouldn't be too surprised or offended if Penn bumped up.

Given the new ranking metric I think penn has a chance but not as much as I said up there. Iirc penn has stellar nlj250 #s?

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby LRGhost » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:26 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
North wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:I would like to see Penn pass NYU just to watch the meltdown on TLS.

I don't know, Penn has had a great rep on TLS lately. So far ITT, people are quite certain that Penn is solidly at #7. I wouldn't be too surprised or offended if Penn bumped up.

Given the new ranking metric I think penn has a chance but not as much as I said up there. Iirc penn has stellar nlj250 #s?


And so does NYU. NYU will probably be close to even with Penn when ABA numbers come out solely in Big Law percentages.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 pm

LRGhost wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
North wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:I would like to see Penn pass NYU just to watch the meltdown on TLS.

I don't know, Penn has had a great rep on TLS lately. So far ITT, people are quite certain that Penn is solidly at #7. I wouldn't be too surprised or offended if Penn bumped up.

Given the new ranking metric I think penn has a chance but not as much as I said up there. Iirc penn has stellar nlj250 #s?


And so does NYU. NYU will probably be close to even with Penn when ABA numbers come out solely in Big Law percentages.

Image

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm

LRGhost wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
North wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:I would like to see Penn pass NYU just to watch the meltdown on TLS.

I don't know, Penn has had a great rep on TLS lately. So far ITT, people are quite certain that Penn is solidly at #7. I wouldn't be too surprised or offended if Penn bumped up.

Given the new ranking metric I think penn has a chance but not as much as I said up there. Iirc penn has stellar nlj250 #s?


And so does NYU. NYU will probably be close to even with Penn when ABA numbers come out solely in Big Law percentages.

Ah true that. I'm never getting the pistachios :,(

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

I will shit my pants if Penn passes NYU considering the raw score gap

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Renne Walker » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Crowing wrote:I will shit my pants if Penn passes NYU considering the raw score gap

What is a raw-score-gap....??

BTW: No one is passing NYU this year! 8)

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby LRGhost » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:36 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Image


I believe that's more appropriately called NYJew South

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 pm

LRGhost wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Image


I believe that's more appropriately called NYJew South

Ok, laxbrah

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby rebexness » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm

North wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Lavitz, I don't think you included enough ties.

Bex's was even worse. Had something like 20 tied schools.


:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Crowing » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm

8 days before the big reveal. I might be getting a little bit more interested in those scallions since the ground outside is still all snow covered and buying bundles for like 88 cents at the grocery store is breaking my bank.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby lhanvt13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Crowing wrote:8 days before the big reveal. I might be getting a little bit more interested in those scallions since the ground outside is still all snow covered and buying bundles for like 88 cents at the grocery store is breaking my bank.

*8 day drumroll

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 pm

mrizza wrote:
    _1. Yale
    _2. Stanford
    _3. Harvard
    _4. Columbia
    _5. Chicago
    _6. NYU
    _7. Penn
    _8. Berkeley
    _9. UVA
    10. Duke
    11. NU
    12. Mich
    13. Cornell
    14. GULC
    15. UT
    16. Vandy
    17. UCLA
    18. USC
    19. UMN
    20. UW
    21. ND
    22. GW
    23. WUSTL
    24. W&L
    25. Emory

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby North » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 am

I was just about to bump this. Keep them coming.

New Prize Option: Awesome, Spicy Pepper-Vinegar Sauce made from Peppers I Grew.

Image

It's a Southern thing. Put it on greens/vegetables/anything.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby 20141023 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:05 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: 2014 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

North wrote:It's a Southern thing. Put it on greens/vegetables/anything.

This is a Southern thing?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], chargers21, Commoncourtesy, WamBamThankYouMaam, xn3345 and 10 guests