(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
VegasLaw702

Postby VegasLaw702 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 am

Last edited by VegasLaw702 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSATSCORES2012

Re: What happens if I don't graduate on time?

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 am

VegasLaw702 wrote:Hypothetical scenario, what if I don't graduate on time? I'm not worried about failing the classes, but rather that I might be cutting it close to graduate on time due to the possibility that required courses won't be offered in the order I need them. Some classes are prerequisites to others, and there is a small chance I might not have enough hours to have earned the degree by the time my 1L year starts in 2014. Once I'm accepted, and all deposits are paid, can they rescind or cancel my acceptance?

Yes. You need to graduate before beginning law school. Of course, you just have to graduate by the time courses start - so you could, potentially take courses over the summer. I don't know if a school would let you defer in order to complete your degree, but if you were put in that position it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Last edited by LSATSCORES2012 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 am

Don't pay tuition for an extra semester because your shithole school doesn't have room for seniors. Withdraw for a semester and work in North Dakota. Then come back and finish.

You can ask your law school for a deferral for a year.

hopingtogetin

Postby hopingtogetin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:06 pm

VegasLaw702 wrote:Hypothetical scenario, what if I don't graduate on time? I'm not worried about failing the classes, but rather that I might be cutting it close to graduate on time due to the possibility that required courses won't be offered in the order I need them. Some classes are prerequisites to others, and there is a small chance I might not have enough hours to have earned the degree by the time my 1L year starts in 2014. Once I'm accepted, and all deposits are paid, can they rescind or cancel my acceptance?

Try summer classes. My school (a large, well-known private university) lets you take three after you "graduate" and still walk at graduation and start your graduate/law school that fall.

AKsnow

Postby AKsnow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm

I would talk to your adviser. A lot of times they can sub in classes to count for the classes you need if they don't offer them when you need them. It's worth a shot, especially since you have a full year left to get in the classes.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”