Apply or not??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
arkgawilson

Apply or not??

Postby arkgawilson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:31 am

Hi all,
In general, I've decided to wait until the next cycle to apply. However, I'm just curious given the downward number of applications how I would fare at a school close to home in their part-time program....If I were to apply and be accepted but not get enough $$ for it to be worth it, could I re-apply next year with a higher LSAT score and get more $$? Or would it essentially me be deferring for a year and would be stuck with the same amount.

Thanks in advance!

Bronck

Re: Apply or not??

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 am

arkgawilson wrote:Hi all,
In general, I've decided to wait until the next cycle to apply. However, I'm just curious given the downward number of applications how I would fare at a school close to home in their part-time program....If I were to apply and be accepted but not get enough $$ for it to be worth it, could I re-apply next year with a higher LSAT score and get more $$? Or would it essentially me be deferring for a year and would be stuck with the same amount.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, presumably. But . . . I'd be wary of PT programs to begin with. What are your stats (LSAT/GPA)?

arkgawilson

Postby arkgawilson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 am

I am wary to begin with to be honest... I'm just curious to see how I'd fare at my absolute fall back school if that makes sense. UGPA is 3.5 (I'm in a doc program now with a 3.95, not that it matters too much) and LSAT is average...that's why I'm putting months into prepping for June--fairly sure I can get in the high 160's or low 170's.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 am

Haven't application deadlines already passed? If not, I would strongly advise against applying this late: you have both the June and Sept/Oct tests to improve your LSAT score; and, you've identified that you believe you can do better. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you even entertained the option of enrolling in a poor PT program.

While it may be an interesting exercise, there isn't any point in sending money down the drain with an application this late (however small that amount may be).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”