HELP I forgot to send a transcript and have been accepted Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doyouevenlift

New

HELP I forgot to send a transcript and have been accepted

Post by doyouevenlift » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 am

Last edited by doyouevenlift on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YYZ

Bronze

Re: HELP I forgot to send a transcript and have been accepted

Post by YYZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 am

Something very similar happened to me. I didn't realize I forgot to post a junior college transcript with one course until after I was accepted. I posted the transcript to LSAC and let the school know that I added it.

Depending on your state, this will be an issue when you clear C&F for the state bar. You certify that everything on your law school app is complete and accurate during this process. Since your application doesn't reflect this transcript, you need to add it to your LSAC profile and you need to bring the issue to the school's attention (at least at some point).

I'm sure this happens all of the time, and your school or schools will care less about it and it won't impact your acceptance. If anything, it will show your integrity for bringing it up.

doyouevenlift

New

Post by doyouevenlift » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 am

YYZ wrote:Something very similar happened to me. I didn't realize I forgot to post a junior college transcript with one course until after I was accepted. I posted the transcript to LSAC and let the school know that I added it.

Depending on your state, this will be an issue when you clear C&F for the state bar. You certify that everything on your law school app is complete and accurate during this process. Since your application doesn't reflect this transcript, you need to add it to your LSAC profile and you need to bring the issue to the school's attention (at least at some point).

I'm sure this happens all of the time, and your school or schools will care less about it and it won't impact your acceptance. If anything, it will show your integrity for bringing it up.
Thank you so much for the reply. One clarification: when you say that this will be an issue when you clear the C&F, is this issue likely to be completely resolved if I add it to my LSAC profile and tell all my schools proactively?

YYZ

Bronze

Post by YYZ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm

You should be in good shape. But, to be conservative, I would get an e-mail or something from your school acknowledging your extra transcript. You could keep that in your records in case the state bar asks about it.
Otherwise, you can note on your bar application that your school application didn't include a transcript but you brought it to the school's attention and they were OK with it.

The state bar will probably do a very, very thorough backgound check, and it will definitely pick up every school you've ever attended. Now, whether someone at the state bar matches all of this up to your law school application, who knows. I assume they do.

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 pm

YYZ wrote:Something very similar happened to me. I didn't realize I forgot to post a junior college transcript with one course until after I was accepted. I posted the transcript to LSAC and let the school know that I added it.

What is your evidence for proposing that a matter as minor as forgetting to send a transcript for one online class "will be an issue when [one] clear C&F for the state bar?"

And why do you think it would depend on the state?

Shmoopy

Bronze

Post by Shmoopy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am

-

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”