Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dingbat

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 am

bankingallstar wrote:Thanks for all of the responses. I am not going to solely get my MBA because a) business school is just good for networking and I have already built a good network and 2) if I pay for graduate school, I want there to be some value-add. In law school I would obtain skills and knowledge that would set me apart from other people if I decided to go back to somewhere like MBB or a distressed debt PE firm or HF.

Is there ANYTHING I could do to get into Harvard?

You're an idiot. Go to law school

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 am

dingbat wrote:
bankingallstar wrote:Thanks for all of the responses. I am not going to solely get my MBA because a) business school is just good for networking and I have already built a good network and 2) if I pay for graduate school, I want there to be some value-add. In law school I would obtain skills and knowledge that would set me apart from other people if I decided to go back to somewhere like MBB or a distressed debt PE firm or HF.

Just because you quit doesn't mean you get to ruin everybody else's lives now.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 am

Crowing wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Just because you quit doesn't mean you get to ruin everybody else's lives now.

No, if ding song over there is a dumbass analyst who thinks an MBA is only good for law school and is bored working in finance and chooses to go to law school for a break thinking that at least it's a value added degree, then I predict a bleak future one way or the other.

Postby 20141023 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:52 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:10 am

I would definitely recommend the EA Full-ride at Northwestern.

Go to law school without adding up debt, get a CoL stipend. You're in a good spot to get it (esp with your w/e).

You'd be losing three years of life as well as income, but it's a lot easier to do when you're not spending a dime.

Throttle

Postby Throttle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:40 pm

RodneyRuxin wrote:I would definitely recommend the EA Full-ride at Northwestern.

Go to law school without adding up debt, get a CoL stipend. You're in a good spot to get it (esp with your w/e).

You'd be losing three years of life as well as income, but it's a lot easier to do when you're not spending a dime.

It's ED for the full ride to Northwestern

star fox

Postby star fox » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Go part time and don't quit your day job. If you quit you may never be able to get back in, especially with a 3 year black hole in your resume.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:05 pm

let fate decide for you. throw out the app to harvard and NW and one of CCN. Tell yourself that if you get into H you go and with not NW Kellog or whatever you don't go etc etc

bankingallstar

Postby bankingallstar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Thank you for all of the responses, except for that of Dingbat. We are all dumber from hearing his/her response. I therefore award dingbat 0 points and may God have mercy on his/her soul.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:57 am

bankingallstar wrote:Thank you for all of the responses, except for that of Dingbat. We are all dumber from hearing his/her response. I therefore award dingbat 0 points and may God have mercy on his/her soul.

As someone with an MBA and years working in the financial sector, I actually speak from experience. Good luck

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”