Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 am

bankingallstar wrote:Thanks for all of the responses. I am not going to solely get my MBA because a) business school is just good for networking and I have already built a good network and 2) if I pay for graduate school, I want there to be some value-add. In law school I would obtain skills and knowledge that would set me apart from other people if I decided to go back to somewhere like MBB or a distressed debt PE firm or HF.

Is there ANYTHING I could do to get into Harvard?

You're an idiot. Go to law school

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 am

dingbat wrote:
bankingallstar wrote:Thanks for all of the responses. I am not going to solely get my MBA because a) business school is just good for networking and I have already built a good network and 2) if I pay for graduate school, I want there to be some value-add. In law school I would obtain skills and knowledge that would set me apart from other people if I decided to go back to somewhere like MBB or a distressed debt PE firm or HF.

Is there ANYTHING I could do to get into Harvard?

You're an idiot. Go to law school


Just because you quit doesn't mean you get to ruin everybody else's lives now.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby dingbat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 am

Crowing wrote:
dingbat wrote:
bankingallstar wrote:Thanks for all of the responses. I am not going to solely get my MBA because a) business school is just good for networking and I have already built a good network and 2) if I pay for graduate school, I want there to be some value-add. In law school I would obtain skills and knowledge that would set me apart from other people if I decided to go back to somewhere like MBB or a distressed debt PE firm or HF.

Is there ANYTHING I could do to get into Harvard?

You're an idiot. Go to law school


Just because you quit doesn't mean you get to ruin everybody else's lives now.

No, if ding song over there is a dumbass analyst who thinks an MBA is only good for law school and is bored working in finance and chooses to go to law school for a break thinking that at least it's a value added degree, then I predict a bleak future one way or the other.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby 20141023 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:52 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRuxin
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:10 am

I would definitely recommend the EA Full-ride at Northwestern.

Go to law school without adding up debt, get a CoL stipend. You're in a good spot to get it (esp with your w/e).

You'd be losing three years of life as well as income, but it's a lot easier to do when you're not spending a dime.

Throttle
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby Throttle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:40 pm

RodneyRuxin wrote:I would definitely recommend the EA Full-ride at Northwestern.

Go to law school without adding up debt, get a CoL stipend. You're in a good spot to get it (esp with your w/e).



You'd be losing three years of life as well as income, but it's a lot easier to do when you're not spending a dime.


It's ED for the full ride to Northwestern

User avatar
star fox
Posts: 13661
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby star fox » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Go part time and don't quit your day job. If you quit you may never be able to get back in, especially with a 3 year black hole in your resume.

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby FlanAl » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:05 pm

let fate decide for you. throw out the app to harvard and NW and one of CCN. Tell yourself that if you get into H you go and with not NW Kellog or whatever you don't go etc etc

bankingallstar
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby bankingallstar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Thank you for all of the responses, except for that of Dingbat. We are all dumber from hearing his/her response. I therefore award dingbat 0 points and may God have mercy on his/her soul.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Chance me: Am I dumb enough to go to law school

Postby dingbat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:57 am

bankingallstar wrote:Thank you for all of the responses, except for that of Dingbat. We are all dumber from hearing his/her response. I therefore award dingbat 0 points and may God have mercy on his/her soul.

As someone with an MBA and years working in the financial sector, I actually speak from experience. Good luck




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests