What is your real "dream" school?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby crazyrobin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Hawaii, paradise. I would die there. :lol:

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:Stanford, Cambridge (UK), University of Melbourne (AU).

Probably in that order.


I'm speaking at Stanford next Thursday. I'll let them know.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby twenty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:15 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
twentypercentmore wrote:Stanford, Cambridge (UK), University of Melbourne (AU).

Probably in that order.


I'm speaking at Stanford next Thursday. I'll let them know.


(and if one of their admissions officers needs a kidney, I think we could work out a deal...)

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:22 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
twentypercentmore wrote:Stanford, Cambridge (UK), University of Melbourne (AU).

Probably in that order.


I'm speaking at Stanford next Thursday. I'll let them know.


(and if one of their admissions officers needs a kidney, I think we could work out a deal...)


So long as it is yours and not mine, I am confident in the negotiations.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:Arizona State

:wink:


Haha I like where your head is at. Touché.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby 20130312 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Image

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby stillwater » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:38 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Image


classic pic. ive always wondered, what the fuck is that logo?

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I believe that is in L.A., yes?

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:I believe that is in L.A., yes?


Yep. The Mayor went there, pillar of intelligence that he is.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm

re: People's College. I thought it was decided that he was drinking a San Pellegrino, not a beer.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby 20130312 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

cinephile wrote:re: People's College. I thought it was decided that he was drinking a San Pellegrino, not a beer.

You're correct. And still, I have no idea what the logo's supposed to be.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby stillwater » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:58 pm

cinephile wrote:re: People's College. I thought it was decided that he was drinking a San Pellegrino, not a beer.


looks like a Perrier bottle.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby Crowing » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm

For the years 1997 through 2010, 29 Peoples College graduates have taken the California Bar Examination as first-time takers; of that number, 3 passed the examination for a pass rate of 10%.


:shock:

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Crowing wrote:
For the years 1997 through 2010, 29 Peoples College graduates have taken the California Bar Examination as first-time takers; of that number, 3 passed the examination for a pass rate of 10%.


:shock:


Please tell me they do not say that on their own website? Also, please tell me they have a website.

cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby cooldude87 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 pm

NYU

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby Crowing » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:20 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
Crowing wrote:
For the years 1997 through 2010, 29 Peoples College graduates have taken the California Bar Examination as first-time takers; of that number, 3 passed the examination for a pass rate of 10%.


:shock:


Please tell me they do not say that on their own website? Also, please tell me they have a website.


They do have their own website but I can't find anything about outcomes on there: http://peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/index.html

That information is from wiki which is pulling the numbers from the CA bar site.

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm

The picture on the upper right looks like an old Soviet Era Communist Party propaganda billboard. The picture on the upper left, well, maybe they should just lie and use a different building.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby Crowing » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:The picture on the upper right looks like an old Soviet Era Communist Party propaganda billboard. The picture on the upper left, well, maybe they should just lie and use a different building.


Yeah upper right picture would make a nice 'tar imo.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 pm

3 letters of recommendation? Are you kidding me.

Also, where can I find out a out other law schools like this. I could use the lols

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:3 letters of recommendation? Are you kidding me.

Also, where can I find out a out other law schools like this. I could use the lols


I hear there is a Moon School of Law...

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:3 letters of recommendation? Are you kidding me.

Also, where can I find out a out other law schools like this. I could use the lols


I hear there is a Moon School of Law...

That was me. I wish it actually existed.....

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby jselson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 pm

I used to live right around the corner from that law school, there's the best deli in the world there and some of the best tamales, too.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby jselson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Dream location would be Stanford/Berkeley/NYU.

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby MikeSpivey » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:3 letters of recommendation? Are you kidding me.

Also, where can I find out a out other law schools like this. I could use the lols


I hear there is a Moon School of Law...

That was me. I wish it actually existed.....


Wannabe, you have to give me some credit. That's why I responded as such.

"Dean Mooninite" does have a certain Laissez les bons temps rouler to it. (they speak French Cajun on the Moon, yes?)

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: What is your real "dream" school?

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:58 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:Wannabe, you have to give me some credit. That's why I responded as such.

"Dean Mooninite" does have a certain Laissez les bons temps rouler to it. (they speak French Cajun on the Moon, yes?)

I just figured a man like yourself has far more important things to be concerned about than 'who posted what on tls'. :)

On a serious note, how does participating in such programs effect a student when trying to find a job after law school? A school I'm interested in offers a semester at Oxford and I'm very interested but I'm worried I would miss out on law review, ocis, internships etc and not be in as good of a position later on.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jgats and 5 guests