Updating File After Acceptance

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kweehunt

Updating File After Acceptance

Postby kweehunt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 pm

This might be sort of a strange question, but do applicants update their profile with a law school after they have accepted them?

To be more specific, I sent out my applications a few months back. One of my softs is undergraduate mock trial and I've had a pretty successful season with a good number of individual awards. But since most of our tournaments took place after I applied, these awards were not included on my original resume/list of awards in application. If this could be a factor for scholarship money I would like to send an updated resume to my schools that include this. Is this something I can do, should do, or shouldn't do?

Thanks!

remix

Re: Updating File After Acceptance

Postby remix » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 pm

kweehunt wrote:This might be sort of a strange question, but do applicants update their profile with a law school after they have accepted them?

To be more specific, I sent out my applications a few months back. One of my softs is undergraduate mock trial and I've had a pretty successful season with a good number of individual awards. But since most of our tournaments took place after I applied, these awards were not included on my original resume/list of awards in application. If this could be a factor for scholarship money I would like to send an updated resume to my schools that include this. Is this something I can do, should do, or shouldn't do?

Thanks!

I wouldn't bother - other than HYS, which offer need-based aid, most schools give awards through your numbers.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”