FIU Law Prospective Students- ask your questions here! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Young Marino

Silver

Re: FIU Law Prospective Students- ask your questions here!

Post by Young Marino » Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
ALeal90 wrote:
ericsmith249 wrote:What does FIU have over St Thomas/Barry/Nova?
Exactly.. besides being the half the cost not much. If you're trying to study in South Florida, it's da U or bust..
At the risk of sounding like that Rad guy, with a 3.8, retake (perhaps the one thing these TLS megaposters get right). I know too many people at UM who are looking at getting really shitty jobs, some that don't even require a JD.
I know my 3.8, honors senior thesis and other extra cirriculars will prob set me apart from most applicants and yea I'm seriously considering delaying the exam until October but I really just don't want to leave south FL. Call me a special snowflake but I firmly believe you make your degree work for you the way you want it to work for you. If decide not to network your ass off in a big city like Miami and not put in the work to graduate near the top of your class, well its no wonder you can't make it. Most of you laughed when I said I wanted to be a jag but if you make the law of attraction work for you, and trust in the higher power, it will all work out. Maybe not how you envisioned but it will.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
Didn't get a chance to mention this before, but the bolded part above, plus the fact that you lost the argument, makes you even more of a tool (which is jargon or slang for...). SLS, I'm sorry for you guys.
you sound like a sissy dude. I don't know why you pop into every thread, citing the urban dictionary like its the fucking bible.
Last edited by stillwater on Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 pm

ALeal90 wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:
ALeal90 wrote:
ericsmith249 wrote:What does FIU have over St Thomas/Barry/Nova?
Exactly.. besides being the half the cost not much. If you're trying to study in South Florida, it's da U or bust..
At the risk of sounding like that Rad guy, with a 3.8, retake (perhaps the one thing these TLS megaposters get right). I know too many people at UM who are looking at getting really shitty jobs, some that don't even require a JD.
I know my 3.8, honors senior thesis and other extra cirriculars will prob set me apart from most applicants and yea I'm seriously considering delaying the exam until October but I really just don't want to leave south FL. Call me a special snowflake but I firmly believe you make your degree work for you the way you want it to work for you. If decide not to network your ass off in a big city like Miami and not put in the work to graduate near the top of your class, well its no wonder you can't make it. Most of you laughed when I said I wanted to be a jag but if you make the law of attraction work for you, and trust in the higher power, it will all work out. Maybe not how you envisioned but it will.
Well, maybe you do suffer from SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrom :lol: ), but as long as you know what you're getting into (UM's lackluster employment strength, JAG selectivity rates and few job openings, hard work not guaranteeing top grades), work your ass off and network your ass off, I applaud your optimism and commitment. JAG definitely isn't easy to get, and getting a job from UM isn't easy, but I'm not going to turn into one of those TLS douchebags and tell you to give up and do something else - it's definitely possible. And if you don't have a high opportunity cost you're giving up, then it's definitely not the worst idea - just be aware (and also make sure you get a very large scholarship/full ride).

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Guys, I think we're losing focus here...

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:03 pm

stillwater wrote:
you sound like a sissy dude. I don't know why you pop into every thread, citing the urban dictionary like its the fucking bible.
LMAOOO. You're the one who sounds like a whiny, elitist, know it all bitch, and you're only what, a 1L? Oh and nice try, that's the first time I cited the urban dictionary, and if you bothered to read my subsequent posts (do you remember the talk we had about reading comprehension skills dumbass?), you would realize that I didn't even need it as a source, because there are plenty others. Not to mention a little fucking common sense goes a long way.

Wow, you morons really make me :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ericsmith249

New

Post by ericsmith249 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:04 pm

James Dean is the FIU of law schools.

/end

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Sun May 05, 2013 10:05 pm

ericsmith249 wrote:James Dean is the FIU of law schools.

/end
I appreciate the effort but that makes absolutely no sense.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Regulus, not sure what your problem with me is (unless you're joking and just having fun at my expense :lol: ). I actually respect you as a poster. In any case, I really don't care, and I've had enough of TLS bullshit for one day, just thought that was interesting.

Over and out bitches.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:06 pm

ericsmith249 wrote:James Dean is the FIU of law schools.

/end
And this thread gets dumber by the minute. Later dudes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tekrul

Bronze

Post by Tekrul » Sun May 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Does this happen every year when cycles end and there's less stuff to do?

Seriously, I clicked this thread to viciously attack lies made to advance the law school scam and, hopefully, deter one or two individuals from making a horrible mistake due to ignorance and misinformation, but I find this...

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Tekrul wrote:Does this happen every year when cycles end and there's less stuff to do?

Seriously, I clicked this thread to viciously attack lies made to advance the law school scam and, hopefully, deter one or two individuals from making a horrible mistake due to ignorance and misinformation, but I find this...
Welcome to TLS

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:Regulus, not sure what your problem with me is (unless you're joking and just having fun at my expense :lol: ). I actually respect you as a poster. In any case, I really don't care, and I've had enough of TLS bullshit for one day, just thought that was interesting.

Over and out bitches.
I was actually trying to help here... :roll: I was suggesting that everyone stop talking about you and get back to real fun (bashing FIU and their "95%" employment rate). I even spent the time to make a PNG to say that this thread has "gotten off topic" just for you.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Regulus wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:Regulus, not sure what your problem with me is (unless you're joking and just having fun at my expense :lol: ). I actually respect you as a poster. In any case, I really don't care, and I've had enough of TLS bullshit for one day, just thought that was interesting.

Over and out bitches.
I was actually trying to help here... :roll: I was suggesting that everyone stop talking about you and get back to real fun (bashing FIU and their "95%" employment rate). I even spent the time to make a PNG to say that this thread has "gotten off topic" just for you.
I just want to say that was a really sweet chart Regulus. Your contributions are always appreciated.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 pm

I just know how things can spiral out of control in a thread (like the one time I thought I was posting in the "Law School Admissions Forum" forum but BK187 had actually moved the thread to the "Transfers" forum and I got "stfu 0L" pwned). :lol:

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 am

Yukos wrote:
Regulus wrote:

Over and out bitches.
I just want to say that was a really sweet chart Regulus. Your contributions are always appreciated.
+1. Reg's charts/spreadsheets/statistical analyses are awesome.

ETA: Now let's all get back to the purpose of this thread, TTT bashing.

dkb17xzx

Bronze

Post by dkb17xzx » Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 am

so the FIU people stopped posting.....

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am

This thread is over.

A couple of things to keep in mind unless you want to have an extended TLS vacation:

1) This is an on-topic thread. Do not troll on-topic threads.

2) Cut the ad-hom "you're a no-nothing loser 0L/you're an unemployed loser 3L" schtick (looking at you James Dean and rad lulz)

3) Yes, this site is called "top-law-schools.com," but I'm tired of seeing posters pull the "This is TOP law schools" card. Where do you think the charges of elitism come from? By bullshit comments like that. Yes, we should be encouraging people to avoid making poor decisions, and I'm all for criticizing lower tier schools for their shennanigans, but this site is not for the T14ers at the exclusion of others.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”