Question about deferring Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Balthy

Silver

Question about deferring

Post by Balthy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:28 am

Hi,

I'm currently studying for the LSAT and want to apply this fall. However, I'm also applying to a few MBA and Masters in Fin. programs right now, which, if accepted, I could start this Fall and end Spring '15. If I got accepted to a good law school this upcoming cycle, would they find my finishing an MBA a valid reason to defer matriculation? Perhaps the answer is obviously "yes," but I'm worried they would wonder why the hell I didn't just apply next cycle, or apply to JD/MBA programs, or worse yet, they would consider me a fickle, unworthy peasant and renege on their offer. Any thoughts/insight is appreciated. Just don't tell me I'm over thinking this :mrgreen:

mg7

Bronze

Re: Question about deferring

Post by mg7 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 am

Why DO you want to apply this fall?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 am

Some schools will defer for 2 years. More will defer for one year. Some will find a MBA or MFin a plenty good enough excuse, some want a life-threatening illness or mission to the ISS. You can only ask. There's really not enough data on deferrals to make good predictions.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:07 am

mg7 wrote:Why DO you want to apply this fall?

Impatience, wanting to get it out of the way. Judging by the other post, looks like it might not be a good idea.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”