Do 4th year summer school grades count?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Do 4th year summer school grades count?

Postby kevink7m » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 pm

How is the registration process? You submit your application and then once 2nd semester of your 4th year is complete you submit your final grades again? Also when is the deadline to submit final grades? If school ends in April, can I take summer school from May-August and submit my final grades then? Also is summer school worth it? I calculated that taking summer school will raise up my cgpa by 0.02-0.03. Is that a big difference for applications for Harvard/yale?

Re: Do 4th year summer school grades count?

Postby cinephile » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: Do 4th year summer school grades count?

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Are you graduating in April or at the end of your summer term? From what I'm reading, it seems like you are actually graduating in April, but are considering taking summer classes solely to raise your GPA, is that correct? Once you graduate you will submit your final transcript. But if you are just taking classes for the gpa boost, wouldn't that put your GPA raise at July/August anyways? That seems pretty late in the game to be concerned about a .02-.03 GPA raise when at that point you're already on a wait list or dinged anyways.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”