Negotiating Scholarships?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Negotiating Scholarships?

Postby ghostowl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 am

I dont have any experience doing this, and I've heard about it. I've gotten myself into a decent school outside of T-14 and but the sticker price is too expensive. I would like to negotiate a scholarship but my LSAT is the median LSAT for the school and my GPA is about 0.3 below the median. I'm already feeling like its unlikely but should I just ask for one anyway? What are the specific names of scholarship I can ask for? Merit Aid?

If I can get into a T-14 at sticker, can I use that to leverage a scholarship at this current school?

Re: Negotiating Scholarships?

Postby Nova » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 am

star fox

Postby star fox » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:45 am

Lots of schools take a hard-line "we don't negotiate scholarships". But it can never hurt to ask, just give the whole "blah blah really love your school blah blah but law school is expensive blah blah blah, i'm concerned about costs which will play a large factor in my decision blah blah blah and i was wondering if my scholarship package could be discussed as it would have a big effect on my decision"

You're not pulling up their averages so they probably won't budge. This is because Law Schools are a bunch of A Holes who will suck prospective students for as much as they can while they continue to fill their pockets. Even as the rest of the legal world struggles they have no qualms about raising tuition to absurd prices so that they can reach their bottom line.

Postby BigZuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 am

What is the school in question? That might help.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”