Scholars Program

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
megaragirl

Scholars Program

Postby megaragirl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Does anyone have any scholarship information?
Last edited by megaragirl on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: UChicago Law Scholars Program

Postby 20141023 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:05 am

kappycaft1 wrote:I was wondering about this during the application process (even though I am not a Chicago graduate, I still like to know these sort of things).

Usually, the best advice that someone can give you is don't ED anywhere because it can hurt your chances at getting scholarship, but I am not sure how Chicago views the UChicago Law Scholars Program (LinkRemoved). Although it says that you will be "eligible for substantial merit scholarships in amounts up to and including full tuition," normal ED students are too, but they usually don't get it. If you are not worried about scholarship and Chicago is truly your first choice, I would definitely apply to the program because they promise to get back to you by November 1st. If you are worried about scholarship, someone who has done the program with competitive numbers at HYSCCN will need to respond as to how it affected their ability to receive merit-based scholarship. (We might have trouble finding such people, though, because those with competitive numbers at HYSCCN usually don't enter into binding decisions, so it is kind of an oxymoron.)

TITCR and the exact same answer I gave you on your last identical thread. Stop spamming to get your answer.

You're going to give up your ability to get a substantial scholarship whether they say you will or not. They like to tell ED students that they are still eligible but it's kind of a joke because the highest you'll get is 15k over 3 years, and when it comes time to negotiate you have no bargaining power.

If you're desperate for more information call the school and see if they can get you in touch with someone that has it. Don't create another thread with the same exact question.

megaragirl

Postby megaragirl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 pm

My question refers to the program.
Last edited by megaragirl on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”