Skype Interview

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Skype Interview

Postby hoogs23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm

I have an interview with a law school regarding scholarships, and it is over skype because I could not go in during the times they offered. Should I be expected to dress up as a regular interview? And, is it fine to conduct it in my apartment?

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Skype Interview

Postby iShotFirst » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm

hoogs23 wrote:I have an interview with a law school regarding scholarships, and it is over skype because I could not go in during the times they offered. Should I be expected to dress up as a regular interview? And, is it fine to conduct it in my apartment?


Of course you should dress up. Its fine to conduct it in your apartment or wherever you can ensure you won't be disturbed during it. Make sure to have a neutral background behind you.

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby hoogs23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Is shirt and tie fine? or should I have a jacket on too?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby stillwater » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 pm

obligatory no pants

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby talesofyore » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm

stillwater wrote:obligatory no pants


:lol:

I'm making it a point of duty to wear striped pajama bottoms and fluffy bunny slippers to my Skype interview. When else will I have this opportunity?

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Skype Interview

Postby iShotFirst » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:36 pm

hoogs23 wrote:Is shirt and tie fine? or should I have a jacket on too?


You should dress the same way you would if you were interviewing in person (okay, pants excepted :lol: )

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby hoogs23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I had only boxers on, kinda awkward when i stood up thinking it was over

itachiuchiha
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Camera only catches your face, you could be in your boxers.

Thats what i do

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby talesofyore » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 pm

hoogs23 wrote:I had only boxers on, kinda awkward when i stood up thinking it was over


Wait, for real?

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby hoogs23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:30 pm

talesofyore wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:I had only boxers on, kinda awkward when i stood up thinking it was over


Wait, for real?


haha no, I didnt stand up but i did just have boxers on.
wouldnt suggest it, kept thinking what if I have to move around for some reason

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:14 am

Bro just leave the TV on in the background and wear sweats and a tee. A careless attitude toward the interview will only help you.

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby talesofyore » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 am

hoogs23 wrote:
talesofyore wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:I had only boxers on, kinda awkward when i stood up thinking it was over


Wait, for real?


haha no, I didnt stand up but i did just have boxers on.
wouldnt suggest it, kept thinking what if I have to move around for some reason[/quote]

This did cross my mind. It might be better to not have to obsess about not moving around for any reason during the interview. Fine. I'll wear pants, but the fluffy bunny slipper stay. :evil:

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby dudders » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 am

half-suit FTW.

in all seriousness I did have to get up in the middle of a Skype interview because my cat interrupted it ...

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby talesofyore » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:32 am

dudders wrote:half-suit FTW.

in all seriousness I did have to get up in the middle of a Skype interview because my cat interrupted it ...


And you weren't wearing pants?

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Skype Interview

Postby sinfiery » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 am

Make sure to tuck your shirt in though!


I wore sandals and jeans, was nice.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby dudders » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

talesofyore wrote:
dudders wrote:half-suit FTW.

in all seriousness I did have to get up in the middle of a Skype interview because my cat interrupted it ...


And you weren't wearing pants?


Actually I was wearing a full suit for this one because it was during a hurricane, and I was expecting odd occurrences/technical problems.

I don't define half-suit as no pants, per se. I consider it to also include blazer + jeans, blazer + gym shorts ...

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Skype Interview

Postby dudders » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

talesofyore wrote:
dudders wrote:half-suit FTW.

in all seriousness I did have to get up in the middle of a Skype interview because my cat interrupted it ...


And you weren't wearing pants?


I wonder if that would've gotten me the job.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests