blurry/ugly LoRs from faxing?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
armysgt

blurry/ugly LoRs from faxing?

Postby armysgt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 am

Hi all,

I may be thinking this too much, but if my recommender faxed an LoR in, would that result in adcomms receiving bad quality prints?

A lot of faxes I've seen come out pretty ugly and sometimes even illegible, so I was just wondering...any experiences?

Thanks!

Micdiddy

Re: blurry/ugly LoRs from faxing?

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 am

You're overthinking it. Literally, you have a million more things to worry about, do not sweat over this.

totoro

Postby totoro » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 pm

I was late to applying so told both my professors to fax it (this was like last week). Worked just fine and was processed within the same day... soo much better than mail. I read a lot about faxing vs. mailing on this site, and I'd say the vast majority of the time faxing has no issues. You can always call LSAC to make sure that it came through all right.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 am

totoro wrote:I was late to applying so told both my professors to fax it (this was like last week). Worked just fine and was processed within the same day... soo much better than mail. I read a lot about faxing vs. mailing on this site, and I'd say the vast majority of the time faxing has no issues. You can always call LSAC to make sure that it came through all right.

And these days emailing is even better.

totoro

Postby totoro » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Yes. Though they will have to make a free online account so I think it depends on how technologically savvy they are (Some of my professors are older so I figured they'd prefer the paper version).

scruffy556

Postby scruffy556 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Not to derail. But faxes are still a thing?

totoro

Postby totoro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:32 am

Haha yeup (if that was serious). I think every department at my school has a fax machine so it's really easy for professors to fax stuff. I'm assuming this is common.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”