Should I send an updated resume? Newly hired at law office. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yupyup

Bronze

Should I send an updated resume? Newly hired at law office.

Post by yupyup » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 am

The subject pretty much sums it up. Advice please?

itachiuchiha

Silver

Re: Should I send an updated resume? Newly hired at law office.

Post by itachiuchiha » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

wouldn't really help, but wouldn't hurt. go ahead if you want

WhatOurBodiesAreFor

Bronze

Post by WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:17 am

yupyup wrote:The subject pretty much sums it up. Advice please?
IMO, you should avoid sending just the resume as the update. This is not a good enough soft to impress the adcomms.

Now, if you have been pending at a school for ~3 months or you have been waitlisted/held/faculty review/etc you should probably send in an LOCI and also attach this resume. The LOCI is something you should do anyway, and they would happy to also attach the resume.

In sum, after like two weeks don't be like "I landed a job at a law firm where I'll work for 7 months" but under the above circumstances you could be like "...(I'm still very interested in your school)....(here is an updated resume for your review..."

I look at it like this, an added soft and killer LOCI won't get you from rejected to WL, but it could get you from WL or pending to accepted.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am

I scratched my head for a solid 30 seconds before looking at the Forum trying to make sense of this. I need to stop wandering into the admissions part of this site. :lol:

OP: I have no advice for you, but WhatOurBodiesAreFor's response seems reasonable to me.

potterpirate04

Bronze

Post by potterpirate04 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 am

WhatOurBodiesAreFor wrote:
Now, if you have been pending at a school for ~3 months or you have been waitlisted/held/faculty review/etc you should probably send in an LOCI and also attach this resume. The LOCI is something you should do anyway, and they would happy to also attach the resume....

I look at it like this, an added soft and killer LOCI won't get you from rejected to WL, but it could get you from WL or pending to accepted.
TITCR. Update it only for schools you've been waiting a while for or WL for. Send it along with the LOCI. But that's about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschool?s

New

Post by lawschool?s » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 am

I did. But I sent a Letter of Continued Interest stating more than just the job, but grades, and interests in the school as well. The job was one of the focal points as I said it was making my desire to go to law school a more solid choice (lies, I am still not too solid on the idea of all that debt, but thats off point).

I say go for it, but not a resume.

I do think it helped me get off waitlists.

yupyup

Bronze

Post by yupyup » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 am

Late in replying. :oops: But wanted to thank everyone for the input. I sent out LOCIs to the schools I haven't heard back from (applied in early Nov.) and included the resume. Heard back from one of them this morning telling me it was added to my file. Then when I checked my status this evening, it said a decision was made. Coincidence? Did my resume and letter make a difference? I guess I'll find out when I get the decision letter in the mail...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”