Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby TRex77 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Does it hurt to reach out to law schools to ask about decisions?

I am still waiting on my #1 and 2 choices, and even though they said that it's a long process and not to contact them, is there any chance that contacting them to let them know I am eagerly awaiting a response because they are my top choices would help at all?

Or is this a dumb idea?

Thanks

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby nickb285 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

I wouldn't. You won't hear any faster, they'll just think you're neurotic and obnoxious.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 pm

nickb285 wrote:I wouldn't. You won't hear any faster, they'll just think you're neurotic and obnoxious.


You might hear faster... oh you need an answer now? How about, "No?"

User avatar
b123
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby b123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm

nickb285 wrote:I wouldn't. You won't hear any faster, they'll just think you're neurotic and obnoxious.



i know it's tempting, but really, don't.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby megagnarley » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Do not.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I called about my ED application to UT. I meant to just ask generally when ED applicants could expect to hear back by, but they asked for my full name and then told me I'd be getting an email that night. They don't send acceptances by email. :oops:

dan k
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby dan k » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:18 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I called about my ED application to UT. I meant to just ask generally when ED applicants could expect to hear back by, but they asked for my full name and then told me I'd be getting an email that night. They don't send acceptances by email. :oops:


lol wow ouch, that's essentially a no over the phone

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Reaching out to law schools to ask about decisions?

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 am

TRex77 wrote:Does it hurt to reach out to law schools to ask about decisions?

I am still waiting on my #1 and 2 choices, and even though they said that it's a long process and not to contact them, is there any chance that contacting them to let them know I am eagerly awaiting a response because they are my top choices would help at all?

Or is this a dumb idea?

Thanks



There's your answer.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests