.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sadday
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

.

Postby sadday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:12 pm

.
Last edited by sadday on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby stillwater » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

sadday wrote:166, 3.37
Got denied from Brooklyn within 20 days of sending in app

I have one C&F for dropping two classes and receiving a progress probation one semester.
I have 4Ws, 2 D minuses, and one F on my transcript.
I don't see either of these as likely causes for denial.

I did not want to go to brooklyn so I'm not upset, but I'm worried this is a bad sign for my top choices (Fordham, BU, BC, Emory)

I'm just confused. Is YP a possibility here?


are you sure a 3.37 is your LSAC GPA?

sadday
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby sadday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 pm

stillwater wrote:
sadday wrote:166, 3.37
Got denied from Brooklyn within 20 days of sending in app

I have one C&F for dropping two classes and receiving a progress probation one semester.
I have 4Ws, 2 D minuses, and one F on my transcript.
I don't see either of these as likely causes for denial.

I did not want to go to brooklyn so I'm not upset, but I'm worried this is a bad sign for my top choices (Fordham, BU, BC, Emory)

I'm just confused. Is YP a possibility here?


are you sure a 3.37 is your LSAC GPA?


Yes, I have a 3.33 from my degree granting institution, and a 3.5 from a community college. My lsac averaged into a 3.37

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby Crowing » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 pm

checking data now and it doesnt look like brooklyn yps

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby stillwater » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:18 pm

it seems bizarre. brooklyn law is hungry for money.

sadday
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby sadday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Crowing wrote:checking data now and it doesnt look like brooklyn yps


Yea, it just makes it that much more confusing. I had people look at my PS, OS, and resume (including TLSers) everyone said it looked good. I'm just worried about the other schools I applied to now.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:23 pm

They did you a favor. Send a thank-you note.

sadday
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby sadday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:25 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:They did you a favor. Send a thank-you note.


I'm not upset about it, I'm just worried If i did something seriously wrong that will affect my other applications.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby Dmini7 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Best thing you could do is look back over your applications and try to spot some major error. If you don't see one then there is probably nothing to worry about.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm

sadday wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:They did you a favor. Send a thank-you note.


I'm not upset about it, I'm just worried If i did something seriously wrong that will affect my other applications.

Does anything sketchy come up when you google your name? (Maybe someone has the same name and fucked up.) Are you tagged in any really unfortunate photos on facebook?

Sometimes schools will tell you why you were rejected. Not sure BLS would do anything so helpful, but it might be worth asking. Worst they can say is no.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby law2015 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Definitely check for errors in your application but other than that don't worry yet. Strange things happen all the time during application cycles.

sadday
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby sadday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:41 pm

law2015 wrote:Definitely check for errors in your application but other than that don't worry yet. Strange things happen all the time during application cycles.


I looked, everything seems ok.

sadday
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

Re: 166, 3.37, ..denied at brooklyn?

Postby sadday » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
sadday wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:They did you a favor. Send a thank-you note.


I'm not upset about it, I'm just worried If i did something seriously wrong that will affect my other applications.

Does anything sketchy come up when you google your name? (Maybe someone has the same name and fucked up.) Are you tagged in any really unfortunate photos on facebook?

Sometimes schools will tell you why you were rejected. Not sure BLS would do anything so helpful, but it might be worth asking. Worst they can say is no.


I called, I was told everyone went home and I should write an email, I might try but it did not sound promising.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 3 guests