Should I Even Go to Law School? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bizzybone1313

Silver

Re: Should I Even Go to Law School?

Post by bizzybone1313 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

tonton wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:There is a poster on jdunderground.com who attended a T-20 and is unemployed. She posts frequently. She is in full blown crisis mode. She recommends going to YHS only. I have a lot of friends that attended UT Austin, and a lot of them told me I should think real, real carefully about whether I should attend or not. I am from Texas though, and if I were to attend I would probably be able to get COA under $75K. I am not so sure I would attend UT Austin though. I am gunning hard for YHSC or the rest of the T-14 at $$. I want national portability.
This is probably an ad hominem, but I normally wouldn't trust anyone who is "full blown crisis mode" and posts frequently on any site....apart from tls ofcourse
I think this girl has a point though. If i just wanted to get rich and collect gold coins, attending law school would be a poor decision. There are much easier and less riskier ways to make money than attending a T-14, which seems to be the reason a lot of the 170+ LSAT scorers are not attending. I would get an elite MBA and call it a day.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
tonton wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:There is a poster on jdunderground.com who attended a T-20 and is unemployed. She posts frequently. She is in full blown crisis mode. She recommends going to YHS only. I have a lot of friends that attended UT Austin, and a lot of them told me I should think real, real carefully about whether I should attend or not. I am from Texas though, and if I were to attend I would probably be able to get COA under $75K. I am not so sure I would attend UT Austin though. I am gunning hard for YHSC or the rest of the T-14 at $$. I want national portability.
This is probably an ad hominem, but I normally wouldn't trust anyone who is "full blown crisis mode" and posts frequently on any site....apart from tls ofcourse
I think this girl has a point though. If i just wanted to get rich and collect gold coins, attending law school would be a poor decision. There are much easier and less riskier ways to make money than attending a T-14, which seems to be the reason a lot of the 170+ LSAT scorers are not attending. I would get an elite MBA and call it a day.
Getting an elite MBA isn't that easy, and like law schools, only a few programs are worth attending. Plus, getting an MBA without previous work experience confers little benefit (of course, good work experience is also near required for admittance into decent MBA programs).

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
tonton wrote:
You won't get an M7 without good WE and you won't get finance jobs out of it without a finance background. And you're still paying six figures for a two year party.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”