Sexual Misconduct Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rvadog
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rvadog » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:52 pm

PBateman1 wrote:Wow you made a lot of assumptions based on my post. I wasn't trying to exonerate the OP. I just introduced the fact that the introduction of alcohol into a sexual situation makes the female unable to consent in many situations. So basically in one of your drunken hookups had the girl really regretted it you potentially could have been in a similar situation as the OP. But since I see that reasonable discourse isn't going to occur in this thread I'm out.


Everyone I know (boy and girl) have slept with someone and then regretted it. It's part of the human experience. But not one of them called the university police to report rape because....THEY WEREN'T RAPED.

You may not realize what you are doing but you are legitimizing rape. By insinuating that taking advantage of a drunk girl is only technically rape you are forwarding rape culture.

The idea that a girl would wake up and regret sleeping with a guy and then call the police, the college, deal with a university inquiry and potential criminal trial...because she regrets it. That's laughable.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:58 pm

rvadog wrote:What's clear here is that you raped someone. You had sex with someone who did not consent. That's rape and you are a rapist. The fact that you weren't charged isn't even surprising much less evidence of your innocence.


Most of us on here aren't trying to be offensive, OP, but you are by definition a rapist. If you were on an adcomm, would you admit a rapist into your law program?

...

There's your answer.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby suralin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:02 pm

OP, I'm pretty sure that just because somebody doesn't explicitly say no does not mean that you didn't rape (or in your words, "have non-consensual sex with") them.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby piccolittle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:10 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
rvadog wrote:What's clear here is that you raped someone. You had sex with someone who did not consent. That's rape and you are a rapist. The fact that you weren't charged isn't even surprising much less evidence of your innocence.


Most of us on here aren't trying to be offensive, OP, but you are by definition a rapist. If you were on an adcomm, would you admit a rapist into your law program?

...

There's your answer.

Honestly, I think this is a little misleading and harsh. Given what we know about adcomms, I'm pretty sure he or she will be admitted to law school somewhere. While the nature of the offense is heinous, it's important to remember that it's not a criminal record we're talking about here, and I think that will make a difference. When convicted felons are admitted to law school and often pass C&F, I don't think a disciplinary problem in college (no matter the nature) will be too much trouble in the admissions process, if he or she discloses everything.

The most important thing, at least to me, is for OP to stop making excuses and characterizing it as a "misunderstanding" about consent.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:15 pm

piccolittle wrote:While the nature of the offense is heinous, it's important to remember that it's not a criminal record we're talking about here...

The most important thing, at least to me, is for OP to stop making excuses and characterizing it as a "misunderstanding" about consent.

Seems like doing what you suggest could turn this into a criminal event rather quickly.

User avatar
BullShitWithBravado
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby BullShitWithBravado » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm

You can go ahead and apply to schools if you want, but I doubt that schools that really care about their reputations would want to be associated with anyone accused of rape, non-consent or whatever else you want to call it. There are plenty of other URMs with good stats who don't have have to write a rape-themed addendum.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
piccolittle wrote:While the nature of the offense is heinous, it's important to remember that it's not a criminal record we're talking about here...

The most important thing, at least to me, is for OP to stop making excuses and characterizing it as a "misunderstanding" about consent.

Seems like doing what you suggest could turn this into a criminal event rather quickly.


:lol:

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:36 pm

BullShitWithBravado wrote:You can go ahead and apply to schools if you want, but I doubt that schools that really care about their reputations would want to be associated with anyone accused of rape, non-consent or whatever else you want to call it. There are plenty of other URMs with good stats who don't have have to write a rape-themed addendum.


+1... Although I kind of want him to apply and accidentally give the cops/DA more info than they had and get him thrown in jail, but I have a thing against rapists, so it could just be me.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Yeah no.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby nickb285 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Dude the Tulane guy didn't just murder anyone, he murdered his old professor.

Can you imagine someone posting on TLS "So, I murdered my old professor, did 20 years in prison, non-trad, splitter, 3.1/164, what are my T1 chances?"


Anecdotes are not data. Yes, Tulane admitted a murderer after he spent 20 years in prison. That single instance does not mean it's likely that schools will look kindly upon a rapist--particularly one who keeps using weaselly terms like "broke my school's non-consensual sex policy" instead of owning up to the fact that he sexually assaulted someone.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rad lulz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:07 pm

lol @ all you self righteous fucks calling OP a rapist when you know nothing about the situation

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rad lulz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Wormfather wrote:
rad lulz wrote:lol @ all you self righteous fucks calling OP a rapist when you know nothing about the situation


Carful, pointing that out makes you at best a misogynist.

Are we rape apologists now bro?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13914
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

To rad:
contrapositive1 wrote:I broke my school's non-consensual sex policy.

I assumed the person gave consent.


Non-consensual sex, assuming the other person gave consent when they didn't = RAPE

HTH

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rad lulz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:13 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:To rad:
contrapositive1 wrote:I broke my school's non-consensual sex policy.

I assumed the person gave consent.


Non-consensual sex, assuming the other person gave consent when they didn't = RAPE

HTH

You're right. Let's definitely crucify OP for this.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rad lulz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Wormfather wrote:Edit: I'm waiting for the follow up details that state. "We were making out and then I touched her boobies. She got really pissed and went to the dean of students". They called the cops, the cops said lolwut? But because I confessed, the dean hit me up with sanctions."

This.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11743
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby ilovesf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:15 pm

OP came here for help. This is an on topic thread. People who are here to call him out for whatever happened should fuck off if they aren't going to help him with his addendum.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:15 pm

nevermind
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby Volforlife » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm

rad lulz wrote:lol @ all you self righteous fucks calling OP a rapist when you know nothing about the situation


+1

If someone read my student misconduct violations they would probably think I was some kind of campus wide drug dealer, when in fact I only had beer bottles in my room. Things are not always as they first seem.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rad lulz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Real talk: OP needs to talk to an atty to see if he will be admitted to the bar before he wastes his time.

User avatar
Shmoopy
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby Shmoopy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

rvadog wrote:The idea that a girl would wake up and regret sleeping with a guy and then call the police, the college, deal with a university inquiry and potential criminal trial...because she regrets it. That's laughable.



Rape is horrible, I am not attempting to excuse it in any way, but I do think it's inaccurate to say that nobody ever would say they are raped if they really weren't.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this, but I do know a girl who accused a hook-up of rape (the school's judicial board found that it was not rape), and she told everyone about it, wrote a play about it, wrote poems about it, wrote op-eds about it, etc. This girl's female friends tell me that she enjoys the attention and that they don't think she was really raped.

I'm not trying to suggest this is common at all, I doubt it is, but it's also not utterly ridiculous and impossible. Some people are psychos. I know another girl who was suspended for a year after falsely accusing her boyfriend of rape to get revenge after a breakup. The school's judiciary board actually determined that she was lying based on emails that she had written to this guy. This was a pretty liberal school too. Just saying...

User avatar
contrapositive1
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

So can anyone help me with my addendum and stop calling me names?
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby rad lulz » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm

contrapositive1 wrote:
Volforlife wrote:
rad lulz wrote:lol @ all you self righteous fucks calling OP a rapist when you know nothing about the situation


+1

If someone read my student misconduct violations they would probably think I was some kind of campus wide drug dealer, when in fact I only had beer bottles in my room. Things are not always as they first seem.


So true...But I guess people are very quick to judge...

So can anyone help me with my addendum and stop calling me names?

Srsly hire a lawyer. If you can't pass the bar anywhere, don't bother applying for law school.

User avatar
contrapositive1
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm

are you lying
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby suralin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 pm

rad lulz wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:To rad:
contrapositive1 wrote:I broke my school's non-consensual sex policy.

I assumed the person gave consent.


Non-consensual sex, assuming the other person gave consent when they didn't = RAPE

HTH

You're right. Let's definitely crucify OP for this.


LOL yes, ITT OP is being crucified.

What would clarify this is what that non-consensual sex policy actually says and what part of it OP broke.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Postby suralin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 pm

rad lulz wrote:
contrapositive1 wrote:
Volforlife wrote:
rad lulz wrote:lol @ all you self righteous fucks calling OP a rapist when you know nothing about the situation


+1

If someone read my student misconduct violations they would probably think I was some kind of campus wide drug dealer, when in fact I only had beer bottles in my room. Things are not always as they first seem.


So true...But I guess people are very quick to judge...

So can anyone help me with my addendum and stop calling me names?

Srsly hire a lawyer. If you can't pass the bar anywhere, don't bother applying for law school.


+1




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest