Sexual Misconduct Addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Sexual Misconduct Addendum

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:04 am

contrapositive1 wrote:I must be clear. I was NEVER arrested nor charged with anything.

The police were involved. They detained me, questioned me, then released me. They said there was not enough evidence to convict me of a crime. My university did not feel the same way, and so, gave me three (3) sanctions.
The arrest and conviction rate for rape is pathetic.

EvilClinton

Bronze

Post by EvilClinton » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:06 am

contrapositive1 wrote:I broke my school's non-consensual sex policy.

The primary reason I got sanctioned, according to the judicial affair's director, was that I assumed the person gave consent.

There are no excuses. I accept my mistake and I deeply regret it.
Bro, this sounds like it would meet the legal definition of rape in most states. I can't wait till you read about this in Crim and realize that you probably could have been convicted of rape if this got to a competent DA.

I would never hire you.

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:07 am

huh
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:08 am

many of TLS people need to leave
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 am

flame

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EvilClinton

Bronze

Post by EvilClinton » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 am

contrapositive1 wrote:
EvilClinton wrote:

The primary reason I got sanctioned, according to the judicial affair's director, was that I assumed the person gave consent.

Bro, this sounds like it would meet the legal definition of rape in most states. I can't wait till you read about this in Crim and realize that you probably could have been convicted of rape if this got to a competent DA.

I would never hire you.
Also, I am in the process of applying to the D.A's office here.
Really? Are you trolling us?

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:12 am

So are you a raper or did you get drunk and accidentally kiss a girl at a dance? In the future don't touch people unless they are ok with it.

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 am

Youre a troll
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 am

I'd seriously question the process of a bar's C&F process if they shrugged off rape allegations. You definitely want to consult a C&F lawyer before writing any law school a cheque just to get shut out of the profession 3 years later.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:17 am

Also -- You're going to need to report this under the C&F sections of applications, obviously. When you do, for the love of God give a better explanation than you've given here. Anyone who reads an addendum that just states "I was censured due to non-consensual sex" without further details is going to auto-ding you. If a fuller explanation doesn't make it sound any better, then you certainly aren't going to be able to clear the C&F process at any reputable school, if any school whatsoever.

presidentk1

Bronze

Post by presidentk1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:17 am

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 am

All the more reason to not have premarital sexual relations.

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:18 am

I dont need that
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 am

troll
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:25 am

contrapositive1 wrote:
bbsg wrote:

I'd seriously question the process of a bar's C&F process if they shrugged off rape allegations. You definitely want to consult a C&F lawyer before writing any law school a cheque just to get shut out of the profession 3 years later.
OK. What steps should I take to get in contact with that type of attorney?
What state are you in/do you want to practice in? Differs by bar association, I imagine, and so you want to find one who specializes in your target state.

Edit - I don't think OP is a troll. He's come to ask for advice in a rather unique situation. You can't complain about repost threads and then also just disregard the unique threads as troll threads. Those of you just saying "troll" should be a bit kinder, yes?

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:27 am

stop trolling
Last edited by contrapositive1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:28 am

bbsg wrote:
contrapositive1 wrote:
bbsg wrote:

What state are you in/do you want to practice in? Differs by bar association, I imagine, and so you want to find one who specializes in your target state.

Edit - I don't think OP is a troll. He's come to ask for advice in a rather unique situation. You can't complain about repost threads and then also just disregard the unique threads as troll threads. Those of you just saying "troll" should be a bit kinder, yes?
I didn't call him a troll; I called him a rapist.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 am

Also can you clarify what C&F means?

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 am

contrapositive1 wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:OP, you're a URM with a 3.9. Your stats are good so who knows, I sure as hell have no idea if you'd get admitted to schools or not. A non-consensual sex policy is obviously pretty bad whether you got arrested or not. Then again, it depends on exactly what happened.
To be exact, I have a 3.89.
To be exact, you're a flipping racist.

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
bbsg wrote:
contrapositive1 wrote:
bbsg wrote:

I didn't call him a troll; I called him a rapist.
That might be more accurate.

OP - If you really don't know what C&F means, and you're actually not a troll: Character & Fitness. You won't be licensed (and likely won't be admitted to any school, either) if those who make such decisions deem that you have character & fitness issues. And it's a thorough investigative process in which you need to disclose everything up front or else face huge penalties later, including after you've been licensed at which point you could face being disbarred.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 am

How does one assume there was consent when there wasn't?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:36 am

For example from the GA bar:

"In the ordinary case, the investigation is conducted through the mail and principally involves verification of the responses given on the applicant's questionnaire. When warranted, the investigation may involve personal interviews with those who have knowledge of the applicant, or review of court or administrative agency records. In every case the applicant's fingerprints are checked. In reviewing the results the investigation the Fitness Board focuses primarily on the applicants's:
1. Candor;
2. Fiscal responsibility, including repayment of student loans;
3. Compliance with court orders applicable to the applicant, including those for child support;
4. Record of criminal activity, including that as a juvenile and that which has been expunged;
5. Misuse of alcohol and controlled substances; and
6. Mental and emotional stability."

--LinkRemoved--

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am

cinephile wrote:How does one assume there was consent when there wasn't?
I'm pretty sure this is probably impossible without straight up having committed rape?

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am

Thanks for the clarification.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

bbsg wrote:
cinephile wrote:How does one assume there was consent when there wasn't?
I'm pretty sure this is probably impossible without straight up having committed rape?
I just keep waiting for the OP to provide some kind of explanation because otherwise why would anyone ask for help and expect people to give it to an admitted rapist?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”