Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ghostowl
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

Postby ghostowl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm retaking my LSAT this February and I applied to Cornell, but I want to ask them to put my application on hold for the February score. Do I just e-mail their admissions office and tell them that? Is there any risk involved in doing this?

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

Postby bbsg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:41 am

Assuming they'll accept a February score, any risk would likely be more than mitigated by the benefit of an increased score.

If you think you can score higher, then by all means email them to notify them of the re-write and ask them to hold your file. Then come back here and let future TLS'ers know how they responded.

ghostowl
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

Postby ghostowl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 am

So I emailed them and they said they would put it on hold. Now, I think I did worse on this February LSAT so Im heavily considering canceling it. If I got a lower score than last time, would it weigh more against me?

ghostowl
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

Postby ghostowl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

can anyone help?

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

Postby snapdragon25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 am

It seems like nobody averages scores anymore, so a lower score wouldn't count against you.

Redbandit
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:57 am

Re: Retaking LSAT, asking to put application on hold

Postby Redbandit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Most schools seem to be willing to wait until the February scores are released, if you email them asking for them to abstain from rendering their decision. The only school that didn't grant my request was Stanford. There are probably other schools that won't but that was the only one that didn't accept it for me.

The waiting will most likely put you at more of a competitive disadvantage, but if your score increases, then I feel like it is worth it.

Good luck with your cycle!

Edit: I can't word.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 1 guest