Does GT interview mostly everyone?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GoingForGold

Does GT interview mostly everyone?

Postby GoingForGold » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Does Georgetown only interview what they would consider borderline applicants? This is the first school to go beyond a 'complete' for me and I am wondering if this is not so good a sign for the rest of my cycle given that I am a 3.6/176 and I read of people getting accepted by Georgetown without an interview and worse numbers on this board. Was the rest of my application not so good or something?

onionz

Re: Does GT interview mostly everyone?

Postby onionz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:01 pm

GoingForGold wrote:Does Georgetown only interview what they would consider borderline applicants? This is the first school to go beyond a 'complete' for me and I am wondering if this is not so good a sign for the rest of my cycle given that I am a 3.6/176 and I read of people getting accepted by Georgetown without an interview and worse numbers on this board. Was the rest of my application not so good or something?

In your case, probably more for YP.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 pm

You're a lock at GULC. Don't worry. I believe they mostly interview borderline candidates.

North

Postby North » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm

onionz wrote:In your case, probably more for YP.

This. They're gauging your interest.

They also interview splitters and other borderline applicants.

ETA: Scooped.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:05 pm

onionz wrote:
GoingForGold wrote:Does Georgetown only interview what they would consider borderline applicants? This is the first school to go beyond a 'complete' for me and I am wondering if this is not so good a sign for the rest of my cycle given that I am a 3.6/176 and I read of people getting accepted by Georgetown without an interview and worse numbers on this board. Was the rest of my application not so good or something?

GULC doesn't really YP.

OP, I hope you applied to Columbia and NYU. You're a virtual lock at both. You also have a small but non-zero shot at Harvard.

GoingForGold

Postby GoingForGold » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Ti Malice wrote:
onionz wrote:

GULC doesn't really YP.

OP, I hope you applied to Columbia and NYU. You're a virtual lock at both. You also have a small but non-zero shot at Harvard.

Yes, I applied to both of those as well as Harvard. And yesterday I applied to Stanford after finding a non-URM on LSN who got accepted this cycle. I applied to the T14 minus Yale, Michigan, Cornell, and Berkeley. Ideally I end up having to choose between Stanford/Harvard at sticker vs some money at Penn/Virginia vs a lot of money at NU/GULC. Although, I suspect it's more likely I end up looking at CCN at sticker vs some money at NU/GULC.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”