U of Chicago Status Checker Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GoingForGold

New

U of Chicago Status Checker

Post by GoingForGold » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 am

I never received my status checker password. I wrote admissions and they provided me dates as to when e-mails were sent out. I wrote back indicating I never got my password and they have yet to respond. Not really wanting to ask again. Has anyone else not received their generic password e-mail from Chicago or even from another school?

North

Gold

Re: U of Chicago Status Checker

Post by North » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:31 am

Have you checked your spam folder for the dates they sent you?

GoingForGold

New

Post by GoingForGold » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am

Yes. They are absolutely not there.

The status checker account is created because it recognizes my username as was created by other schools. But, it simply asks me to choose a question and answer. As I have not gone through that step yet no answer is possible. Now it tells me my account is locked for my protection.

North

Gold

Post by North » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 am

Well, if you've already e-mailed them, just be patient. They'll get back to you. You won't learn much of anything from the status checker anyway, so you're not really missing out.

GoingForGold

New

Post by GoingForGold » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 am

My concern is that I have gotten none of their status updates and do not have access to the status checker. I'll give it a few days and hopefully someone writes back as to giving me my generic password.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LexLeon

Bronze

Post by LexLeon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Did you read the instructions for application to Chicago carefully?

I'll assume that you have read them carefully--you're an applicant of world-class law school, after all--and, therefore, that you know that Chicago strongly recommends that applicants do not provide their university email addresses.

If that is not the issue, please be patient: there's actually very little benefit to be gleaned by checking status pages anyway (though, I admit, I have and will check them). You should simply await acceptance or rejection, given that emails have already been sent to you indicating the receipt and completion of your application (according to the office response), right?

Zoomie

Bronze

Post by Zoomie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Same thing happened to me. She emailed with the dates that she sent the email password and I never got it. Checked my spam. It didn't come. I emailed her back and asked her to please resend that I never got it. She did....then the username was NOT the same user name as the status checker every single one of my other apps....I had to email her for that. I don't think this will have any bearing on your chances.

GoingForGold

New

Post by GoingForGold » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 am

Zoomie,

How many days did it take for her to reply after she sent you the dates? Just wondering how long I should wait before writing again...

contrapositive1

New

Post by contrapositive1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm

e-mail them

North

Gold

Post by North » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:19 am

contrapositive1 wrote:e-mail them
Stop shitting up on-topics with your spam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”