When to write letter of continued interest

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
topher44

When to write letter of continued interest

Postby topher44 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:42 pm

I was waitlisted at the University of Arizona during their early admissions cycle. They said they would begin looking at waitlisted applicants again at the end of January. Should I write a letter of continued interest? If so, when would be the best time to send this in? I don't have any resume or grade updates so I have no other reason to contact the University otherwise.

North

Re: When to write letter of continued interest

Postby North » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 pm

topher44 wrote:I was waitlisted at the University of Arizona during their early admissions cycle. They said they would begin looking at waitlisted applicants again at the end of January. Should I write a letter of continued interest? If so, when would be the best time to send this in? I don't have any resume or grade updates so I have no other reason to contact the University otherwise.

It's the end of January, so send it now. Use this. You should get off the WL if you hustle, especially in this cycle.

The smart thing to do, though, would be to retake the LSAT and go to UA on close to a full-ride. 161 to 166 isn't a difficult jump and it would save you about $179,292 if you're a resident. Closer to a quarter million if you aren't.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”