strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby mosquito » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Some days ago I got an email from Wake Forest. WF invited me to a video interview....Part of the email is as follows:

Thank you for your recent application to Wake Forest University School of Law. Here at Wake Law we are fortunate to have a talented and diverse student body who bring a wealth of talent and perspective to the classroom and our community. We've begun the review process for your application. Of course, the limitations of a law school application sometimes prevent us from gaining adequate insight to discern whether our program is just the right fit for any given applicant. We want to know more about you, so we are asking you to submit an online interview using an innovative interface we've recently implemented.


Honestly, I can't find anything on the internet about this interview , so I have to ask TLSers for help. Is there any one knowing something about this online (video) interview? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby mosquito » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 pm

No one has ever received the interview invitation from Wake Forest? The reason why I got such an email is because I'm a foreigner??

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby YankeesFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Search function people: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=197332&start=50

The reason there is not a lot on it is because its new this year. No, its not just going to foreigners, from what I understand it goes to people who aren't auto admits or auto denies, the gray area candidates. If you look through the Wake Forest thread there is plenty of discussion on it, including posts from the Dean of Admissions.

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby ramsdancer1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 am

mosquito wrote:Some days ago I got an email from Wake Forest. WF invited me to a video interview....Part of the email is as follows:

Thank you for your recent application to Wake Forest University School of Law. Here at Wake Law we are fortunate to have a talented and diverse student body who bring a wealth of talent and perspective to the classroom and our community. We've begun the review process for your application. Of course, the limitations of a law school application sometimes prevent us from gaining adequate insight to discern whether our program is just the right fit for any given applicant. We want to know more about you, so we are asking you to submit an online interview using an innovative interface we've recently implemented.


Honestly, I can't find anything on the internet about this interview , so I have to ask TLSers for help. Is there any one knowing something about this online (video) interview? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!


I was asked to do an interview and I have heard that a lot of other people have too. I did the interview and less than 2 weeks later I was accepted. So, don't worry about it, it shows they are at least interested in you.

mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby mosquito » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
mosquito wrote:Some days ago I got an email from Wake Forest. WF invited me to a video interview....Part of the email is as follows:

Thank you for your recent application to Wake Forest University School of Law. Here at Wake Law we are fortunate to have a talented and diverse student body who bring a wealth of talent and perspective to the classroom and our community. We've begun the review process for your application. Of course, the limitations of a law school application sometimes prevent us from gaining adequate insight to discern whether our program is just the right fit for any given applicant. We want to know more about you, so we are asking you to submit an online interview using an innovative interface we've recently implemented.


Honestly, I can't find anything on the internet about this interview , so I have to ask TLSers for help. Is there any one knowing something about this online (video) interview? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!


I was asked to do an interview and I have heard that a lot of other people have too. I did the interview and less than 2 weeks later I was accepted. So, don't worry about it, it shows they are at least interested in you.


Hey, thank you so much for your feedback. Could you tell me what questions were you asked in the interview?

mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby mosquito » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am

YankeesFan wrote:Search function people: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=197332&start=50

The reason there is not a lot on it is because its new this year. No, its not just going to foreigners, from what I understand it goes to people who aren't auto admits or auto denies, the gray area candidates. If you look through the Wake Forest thread there is plenty of discussion on it, including posts from the Dean of Admissions.

The link you gave me is really helpful!!!! I finally understand how the video interview is conducted. Thank you so much!

DanW
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 am

Re: strange Wake Forest Video Interview?

Postby DanW » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 am

I did that interview too. But that was two months ago... All I remember is that they ask me : (1) why do you want to study in WFU; (2) why do you hope to practice in law and; (3) tell us about yourself. I thing that's all and I received their offer about 3 weeks later.

BTW, do you want to go WFU? I am considering but yet not decide.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, Earlskies, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests