Need advice on recos

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glenndf

Need advice on recos

Postby glenndf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:24 pm

So before the holidays, I e-mailed two professors about writing recommendations. Both of them said yes, with one of them saying I should remind her around 1/7. On 1/7, I e-mail that professor, haven't heard from her since. My LSAC page is saying that I have two requests outstanding.

With the first prof, I'm thinking I'll just send him a nice reminder e-mail and ask for a status update. Advice on the second one would be much appreciated. These professors are probably the only two people in a position to write an excellent recommendation - something I need.

All advice is very much appreciated.

jetsfan1

Re: Need advice on recos

Postby jetsfan1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm

I'd do the same for both, just a nice reminder but make sure they know you need it asap. If they still don't respond, call or find a way to get in touch. If you are still in undergrad, these are profs, and you start your next semester next week/soon, I'd go see them in their office as well. Good luck.

glenndf

Postby glenndf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks, I have sent an e-mail off to the 1st prof and am waiting for my frustration with the second prof to cool off before sending her one.

I graduated in may, so a nice office visit is off.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:I'd go see them in their office as well.

+1. Nothing more direct and effective than good old fashioned face-to-face communication. You need to make sure she understands that each day she procrastinates writing your LOR, you're slightly more disadvantaged.

Edit: If an office visit is out of the question, definitely give her a phone call.

glenndf

Postby glenndf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Edit: If an office visit is out of the question, definitely give her a phone call.

She's doing a fellowship in D.C., so no dice there either. :(

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 am

glenndf wrote:She's doing a fellowship in D.C., so no dice there either.

Ooh. If it were me, I would start looking for a new recommender ASAP. You don't want to risk it this late in the cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”