ALREADY?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
red52

ALREADY?

Postby red52 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

I submitted an application for Baylor Law School on the 8th, on the 10th it said a decision has been mailed and should be there by a maximum of 14 days. I am qualified for the school, and felt I had a strong personal statement. Should I take this as a good or bad sign? I've never heard of a decision being made that fast.

Anyone else have anything similar happen?

ph14

Re: ALREADY?

Postby ph14 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

red52 wrote:I submitted an application for Baylor Law School on the 8th, on the 10th it said a decision has been mailed and should be there by a maximum of 14 days. I am qualified for the school, and felt I had a strong personal statement. Should I take this as a good or bad sign? I've never heard of a decision being made that fast.

Good sign probably if you have competitive numbers.

red52

Postby red52 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm

ph14 wrote:

According to here and LSN yes, I am competitive. Just nervous because that is one of my top choices, I really like their programs.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm

red52 wrote:
ph14 wrote:

According to here and LSN yes, I am competitive. Just nervous because that is one of my top choices, I really like their programs.

Well, nothing you can do now but wait.

KingsCup

Postby KingsCup » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Schools usually don't reject people who are qualified that quickly, if you were completely unqualified, then it might be a rejection. But the fact that you are competitive bodes well for you

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:34 pm

red52 wrote:I submitted an application for Baylor Law School on the 8th, on the 10th it said a decision has been mailed and should be there by a maximum of 14 days. I am qualified for the school, and felt I had a strong personal statement. Should I take this as a good or bad sign? I've never heard of a decision being made that fast.

You're good! Exact same thing happened to me in November. Congrats!

red52

Postby red52 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Teflon_Don wrote:

You're good! Exact same thing happened to me in November. Congrats!

I'm so happy right now, thanks everyone! :)

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm

With this cycle, with your numbers and PS, with a 2 day turnaround time....

Congrats!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”