Emailing schools about GPA before I can send transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
digifly

Emailing schools about GPA before I can send transcript?

Postby digifly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey TLSers, my GPA jumped from 3.87 to 3.89 and I received a 4.0 this last semester (and also finished UG). I want to update the schools I've been accepted to as well as the ones where my app is still pending, but for one reason or another I won't be able to get an official transcript out until February. Should I just email the admission offices with a screen of my unofficial transcript or wait it out?

Any advice is appreciated.

eerie_erie

Re: Emailing schools about GPA before I can send transcript?

Postby eerie_erie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm

It's tough to tell at this point since February is getting (sort of) close. I would err on the side of providing more information. Just make sure that email is the way to go, as opposed to something else like mailing an unofficial transcript by overnight/priority or faxing it.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 am

I did this for H and they just thanked me for the update but said they would have to wait for the official update from LSAC.

digifly

Postby digifly » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:I did this for H and they just thanked me for the update but said they would have to wait for the official update from LSAC.

Yeah, I gave in and emailed all the pending schools yesterday. H sent back the same thing to me, but they did add the updated resume I sent them to my file.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”