I Messed Up... What Do I Need to Do? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glsamo

New

I Messed Up... What Do I Need to Do?

Post by glsamo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I decided to finish my last application last night. I had read the instructions for the personal statement and realized this was the first school in which the paper couldn't be over 2 pages. I made note of this and went through the application as usual. When I got down to attaching the personal statement, I forgot to edit my paper down to fit two pages. I didn't realize it until I woke up in a "oh crap" moment, had already paid the report fee, and I couldn't re-edit. Can I email their admissions department and attach a revised personal statement or am I doomed as I didn't follow instructions to begin with? What should I do?!

Thanks!

North

Gold

Re: I Messed Up... What Do I Need to Do?

Post by North » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah, just send them a copy of the updated personal statement. Shouldn't be a problem, the probably haven't even looked at it.

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 pm

I read an interview with a dean who said this sort of thing happens all the time; I'm sure they won't hold it against you. Just shoot them an email and explain.

kylemba

New

Post by kylemba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

Usually you can still add material to your application if your status checker doesn't say complete.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”