I Messed Up... What Do I Need to Do?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glsamo

I Messed Up... What Do I Need to Do?

Postby glsamo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I decided to finish my last application last night. I had read the instructions for the personal statement and realized this was the first school in which the paper couldn't be over 2 pages. I made note of this and went through the application as usual. When I got down to attaching the personal statement, I forgot to edit my paper down to fit two pages. I didn't realize it until I woke up in a "oh crap" moment, had already paid the report fee, and I couldn't re-edit. Can I email their admissions department and attach a revised personal statement or am I doomed as I didn't follow instructions to begin with? What should I do?!

Thanks!

North

Re: I Messed Up... What Do I Need to Do?

Postby North » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah, just send them a copy of the updated personal statement. Shouldn't be a problem, the probably haven't even looked at it.

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 pm

I read an interview with a dean who said this sort of thing happens all the time; I'm sure they won't hold it against you. Just shoot them an email and explain.

kylemba

Postby kylemba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

Usually you can still add material to your application if your status checker doesn't say complete.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”