Proper Protocol to update transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tbird

Proper Protocol to update transcripts

Postby tbird » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 pm

I have already requested my Fall 2012 transcripts be sent to LSAC, but how do I make sure that the law schools still considering me get a copy of my new report and GPA? After the fall semester, I believe my cumulative GPA will raise 0.03-0.05, which could be pretty significant if it puts me over or at medians for some schools. Should I email the schools and notify them that my GPA has raised and to wait for my new LSDAS report? Will LSAC automatically "push" my new report to all of the law schools I have applied to?

Thanks.

toothbrush

Re: Proper Protocol to update transcripts

Postby toothbrush » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm

tbird wrote:I have already requested my Fall 2012 transcripts be sent to LSAC, but how do I make sure that the law schools still considering me get a copy of my new report and GPA? After the fall semester, I believe my cumulative GPA will raise 0.03-0.05, which could be pretty significant if it puts me over or at medians for some schools. Should I email the schools and notify them that my GPA has raised and to wait for my new LSDAS report? Will LSAC automatically "push" my new report to all of the law schools I have applied to?

Thanks.

Personally I don't think it matters to even notify but that's besides the point. Given the time in the cycle I would suggest waiting for LSAC to process your transcript and then emailing the schools notifying them of the change.

Perhaps you don't have to wait for LSAC to process the new transcript and you can simply email them of the changes.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”