Saving LOR for LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
megagnarley

Saving LOR for LOCI

Postby megagnarley » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm

This has been addressed before by others but without ever reaching consensus.

Story: Under review at most schools with two academic LOR's. Borderline numbers for NYU/UVA/Penn et al.

Just received an additional very strong LOR from my employer.

Submit now to give the best shot of RD admit or save some LOCI ammo understanding I might be WL either way?

That is all.

B90

Re: Saving LOR for LOCI

Postby B90 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:03 pm

megagnarley wrote:This has been addressed before by others but without ever reaching consensus.

Story: Under review at most schools with two academic LOR's. Borderline numbers for NYU/UVA/Penn et al.

Submit now to give the best shot of RD admit or save some LOCI ammo understanding I might be WL either way?

That is all.

I would save it. How long have you been under review? You wouldn't want to end up WL anyway, and then not have something strong to send them.

megagnarley

Postby megagnarley » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm

B90 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:This has been addressed before by others but without ever reaching consensus.

That is all.

I would save it. How long have you been under review? You wouldn't want to end up WL anyway, and then not have something strong to send them.

Columbia- Complete 1/3
NYU- UR 12/20
Berkeley- UR 1/4
UVA- UR 12/14
Penn- Still in queue

Amongst others.

B90

Postby B90 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 pm

megagnarley wrote:
B90 wrote:

That is all.

Columbia- Complete 1/3
NYU- UR 12/20
Berkeley- UR 1/4
UVA- UR 12/14
Penn- Still in queue

Amongst others.

This is just my opinion, but I would send it to NYU and UVA, maybe at the end of the week. By then you will have been under review for about 4 weeks. I think that's a reasonble amount of time to wait to send something with seeming stalkerish. I might hold off on Columbia and Boalt, since it's been less than two weeks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”