Just saying what's up

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Micdiddy

Just saying what's up

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 am

How's it going TLS? I miss this place. Feels weird to be in this forum instead of LSAT P&D, but oh well.
Just sent out 7 apps last week to: Harvard, NYU, Virginia, Michigan, Duke, Chicago and U.C. Davis (seems out of place, but I live here and want to work in Sacramento post school so whatever).
Planning to also apply to: Berkeley, Yale and Pennsylvania.

173/3.53, leave me some words of encouragement, or flame me to no end, whichever.

No real point to this post...just bored watching Golden Globes.

LRGhost

Re: Just saying what's up

Postby LRGhost » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 am

plz dont take a spot at NYU or Penn tyia :D

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 am

lawschoolnumbers.com

Postby 20141023 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:How's it going TLS? I miss this place. Feels weird to be in this forum instead of LSAT P&D, but oh well.
Just sent out 7 apps last week to: Harvard, NYU, Virginia, Michigan, Duke, Chicago and U.C. Davis (seems out of place, but I live here and want to work in Sacramento post school so whatever).

173/3.53, leave me some words of encouragement, or flame me to no end, whichever.

You might want to apply to Northwestern too as they seem to like splitters. Chicago is much more reverse-splitter friendly, and as you aren't a URM and are below their 25th percentile for GPA, it doesn't look super good. NYU looks pretty good since you are above their 25th GPA and at their 75th LSAT. I bet you will get UVA, Duke, and Michigan, and probably Penn as well, but Berkeley, Harvard, and Yale are probably out because of your GPA.

Anyway, good luck... this cycle is crazy so you never know what will happen until you apply! :D

This is all pretty much exactly what I figured. Any normal cycle I wouldn't waste the money on Boalt, Harvard or Yale (even this crazy cycle I'm not wasting the money on Stanford).
Maybe I'll throw Northwestern in there, if I have to leave Cali I really want some money, so if I'm likely to get a lot from Northwestern then it seems worth it. I'm hoping Michigan or UVA will pull through with a sweet scholly :)

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 am

LRGhost wrote:plz dont take a spot at NYU or Penn tyia :D

I prob won't. I don't even want to live in NYU I just saw that they really, really love my numbers so I figured maybe they'd throw in a sweet scholly.
And Penn would be cool if I ever get around to the extra essay ;)

B90

Postby B90 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:35 am

Micdiddy wrote:
kappycaft1 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:How's it going TLS? I miss this place. Feels weird to be in this forum instead of LSAT P&D, but oh well.

You might want to apply to Northwestern too as they seem to like splitters. Chicago is much more reverse-splitter friendly, and as you aren't a URM and are below their 25th percentile for GPA, it doesn't look super good. NYU looks pretty good since you are above their 25th GPA and at their 75th LSAT. I bet you will get UVA, Duke, and Michigan, and probably Penn as well, but Berkeley, Harvard, and Yale are probably out because of your GPA.

Anyway, good luck... this cycle is crazy so you never know what will happen until you apply! :D

This is all pretty much exactly what I figured. Any normal cycle I wouldn't waste the money on Boalt, Harvard or Yale (even this crazy cycle I'm not wasting the money on Stanford).
Maybe I'll throw Northwestern in there, if I have to leave Cali I really want some money, so if I'm likely to get a lot from Northwestern then it seems worth it. I'm hoping Michigan or UVA will pull through with a sweet scholly :)

I hope you get into Boalt. However, if you don't you will likely attend somewhere more prestigious (as many Berkeley "rejects" do). If so, I suggest keeping the rejection letter from Boalt. I think it would look very nice hanging on the wall next to your YLS degree, for example. :wink:

wert3813

Postby wert3813 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Last edited by wert3813 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm

wert3813 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
LRGhost wrote:plz dont take a spot at NYU or Penn tyia :D

I prob won't. I don't even want to live in NYU I just saw that they really, really love my numbers so I figured maybe they'd throw in a sweet scholly.
And Penn would be cool if I ever get around to the extra essay ;)

What extra essay. Panics profusely

Why Penn?

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

You're probably not getting in anywhere. Have you thought about pharmacy school?

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm

elterrible78 wrote:

You're probably not getting in anywhere. Have you thought about pharmacy school?

I can answer a lot of things correctly about pharmacy school, but I just never understood it's main point.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”