Application Status Checker

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
simplycatalina

Application Status Checker

Postby simplycatalina » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Is there an easier way to check applications? I have >20 and it takes forever to individually go to each school.

bitsy

Re: Application Status Checker

Postby bitsy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:11 pm

--LinkRemoved--

It doesn't have every school, but it's still pretty great. They'll even email/text you when anything changes.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm

bitsy wrote:--LinkRemoved--

It doesn't have every school, but it's still pretty great. They'll even email/text you when anything changes.

Great, thanks! :)

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:

I had the same Q here a day or two ago. The software of the site works fine for the most part but at least on my Mac it runs rather slow.

Still better than going to each website...
I wish there was an app for it. I think it's a great market.
I would spend .99 up to 2.99 for an app like that

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:07 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:

I had the same Q here a day or two ago. The software of the site works fine for the most part but at least on my Mac it runs rather slow.

yeah that would be so much more convenient.

did you get it to work on your mac?? i can't get it to do anything...i added my schools and put it my username and password but it doesn't seem to be working

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:11 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:

did you get it to work on your mac?? i can't get it to do anything...i added my schools and put it my username and password but it doesn't seem to be working

Hmm I believe that you have to hit 'save' after you put on you user name and pass and then go into the step 3 tab, scroll all the way down and hit update all.
Let me know if that works

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:15 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:

Are you seeing a blank page on screen 3?

Go back and click "save" a bunch of times on each of the other pages.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

I believe you have to hit save after moving the schools to the left column, hit save once you put your checker login info and also hit save at the options fab for notifications and for update schedule.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Ok thanks so much!! that was the issue. Got it to work. :)

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:04 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Ok thanks so much!! that was the issue. Got it to work. :)

Grest!! :D

It's a pretty good app. Not perfect but beter than nothing!!

b123

Postby b123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:39 am

JayJones78 wrote:I believe you have to hit save after moving the schools to the left column, hit save once you put your checker login info and also hit save at the options fab for notifications and for update schedule.

Still getting a blank screen :(

EDIT: Reinstalled database and it fixed it

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 am

b123 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I believe you have to hit save after moving the schools to the left column, hit save once you put your checker login info and also hit save at the options fab for notifications and for update schedule.

Still getting a blank screen :(

EDIT: Reinstalled database and it fixed it

Great. It's a pretty cool app

racrfish

Postby racrfish » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Can anyone explain what the statuses mean? Application received, Application complete, no status at all... I think I understand what Under Review means, though. :) I'm a bit of a noob I guess.

fallingup

Postby fallingup » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Um, they mean exactly what they say. are you seriously asking what "application received" means? Those statuses come from the school, not from the app.

racrfish

Postby racrfish » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 pm

fallingup wrote:Um, they mean exactly what they say. are you seriously asking what "application received" means? Those statuses come from the school, not from the app.

No, what I mean is, what's the difference between received and complete, I guess. Is it simply that someone has looked and said yes it's complete, so now it's in the queue? Does it have to go complete before it goes under review? I've seen people say things like "it went complete on 12/1" and such so I wondered if that was an important distinction.

Perhaps a stupid question.

And of course I realize they come from the school and not the app. I didn't want to start a thread about a silly question, though, so I piggybacked on this one.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 pm

racrfish wrote:
fallingup wrote:Um, they mean exactly what they say. are you seriously asking what "application received" means? Those statuses come from the school, not from the app.

No, what I mean is, what's the difference between received and complete, I guess. Is it simply that someone has looked and said yes it's complete, so now it's in the queue? Does it have to go complete before it goes under review? I've seen people say things like "it went complete on 12/1" and such so I wondered if that was an important distinction.

And of course I realize they come from the school and not the app. I didn't want to start a thread about a silly question, though, so I piggybacked on this one.

Received just means that they have your application but they haven't put the various elements of it together yet. Complete means that they have everything they need and when they're ready, they'll begin reviewing it.

A few of mine also say "Incomplete" initially but they say that everyone's application says that when they first receive it.

racrfish

Postby racrfish » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:49 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
racrfish wrote:

Received just means that they have your application but they haven't put the various elements of it together yet. Complete means that they have everything they need and when they're ready, they'll begin reviewing it.

A few of mine also say "Incomplete" initially but they say that everyone's application says that when they first receive it.

That's pretty much what I figured. And sort of a bummer because only two of my apps have switched to "complete," but I understand they're swamped. I should probably just stop checking until at least February or I might lose my mind. Thanks.

BentleyLittle

Postby BentleyLittle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:23 am

The site is down. Does anyone know of an alternative?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”