CRAP! Forgot to attach an important addendum to an app...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
enidwexler

CRAP! Forgot to attach an important addendum to an app...

Postby enidwexler » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:39 am

I forgot to attach a score addendum to my application to a "consider" school. I really think the addendum will help my chances of getting in. What should I do - contact the Admissions office and send them the addendum?
Last edited by enidwexler on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ti Malice

Re: CRAP! Forgot to attach an important addendum to an app...

Postby Ti Malice » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 am

You can email it. But if you're just explaining why your highest LSAT score isn't as high as you'd like, an addendum is a total waste of time. It's more likely to come off as entitled excuse-making than anything else.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 am

Would it look bad to email it to them? Should I apologize or just ask them to include it in my application?

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 am

enidwexler wrote:Would it look bad to email it to them? Should I apologize or just ask them to include it in my application?

You can just email them stuff, but a score addendum rarely helps anyone's apps. What's your excuse for bombing the test?

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 am

I would say to email it without a worry and do NOT be apologetic about it. Just say that you have attached an addendum which should have been included in your application package and you hope that it will be considered with the rest of your application under review. Name/ LSAC # / Call it a day.

Sending them more shit only forces them to open your file more which IMO can only HELP unless you're an auto lock out, which you aren't.

enidwexler

Postby enidwexler » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:27 am

dingbat wrote:
enidwexler wrote:Would it look bad to email it to them? Should I apologize or just ask them to include it in my application?

You can just email them stuff, but a score addendum rarely helps anyone's apps. What's your excuse for bombing the test?

It's a long story.

So, I'm thinking: non-apologetic email including the addendum. How long should I wait to send it? I just hit submit on the app last night.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 am

enidwexler wrote:
dingbat wrote:

It's a long story.

So, I'm thinking: non-apologetic email including the addendum. How long should I wait to send it? I just hit submit on the app last night.

PERSONALLY I would wait for them to "complete" your app so that you're sure they have a file. I would NOT send it now before they have a file because they have no where to allocate it and that may inconvenience them.

tl;dr - wait til tracker w/ complete then email them

p.s. - I plan on sending a few docs this way (DS and why x)

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 am

toothbrush wrote:Sending them more shit only forces them to open your file more which IMO can only HELP unless you're an auto lock out, which you aren't.

if you're auto admit or auto ding, it doesn't matter.
If you're borderline accept, annoying them may get them to ding you. Sending something additional every few months is fine, but doing so every week will probably get them to think you're a disorganized putz

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:52 am

dingbat wrote:
toothbrush wrote:Sending them more shit only forces them to open your file more which IMO can only HELP unless you're an auto lock out, which you aren't.

if you're auto admit or auto ding, it doesn't matter.
If you're borderline accept, annoying them may get them to ding you. Sending something additional every few months is fine, but doing so every week will probably get them to think you're a disorganized putz

Agreed if you are sending them things that are req or that you "forgot". If, however, you send things with the intent to supply additional information to make their decision, I think it can fly without a problem once or twice TOPS.

But yes, I think that we are generally on the same page =)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”