Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TripTrip

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby TripTrip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 am

Steve2207 wrote:However, my real question is this; I just noticed that my number 1 pick FINALLY updated my status checker from “file complete” to “in review” today, which is a Sunday. My question is, firstly, is it likely that since it was updated on a Sunday that it really started being reviewed today, or is it more likely a decision has already been made. Secondly, if a decision is not likely to have been made, how likely is it that they will have one by the end of this coming week?

Oh man, you want us to speculate about results based on the day of the week your application status was updated? I can totally get in on that.

I'm going to wager an alien from Xenu invaded the adcomm's office and ordered a change in your status checker, but only yours, and only on Sunday. You'll neither be accepted nor rejected, because this is the first in a string of events which will end the world before a decision can be rendered on your application.

Steve2207

Postby Steve2207 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 am

TripTrip wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:However, my real question is this; I just noticed that my number 1 pick FINALLY updated my status checker from “file complete” to “in review” today, which is a Sunday. My question is, firstly, is it likely that since it was updated on a Sunday that it really started being reviewed today, or is it more likely a decision has already been made. Secondly, if a decision is not likely to have been made, how likely is it that they will have one by the end of this coming week?

Oh man, you want us to speculate about results based on the day of the week your application status was updated? I can totally get in on that.

I'm going to wager an alien from Xenu invaded the adcomm's office and ordered a change in your status checker, but only yours, and only on Sunday. You'll neither be accepted nor rejected, because this is the first in a string of events which will end the world before a decision can be rendered on your application.

Just wanted to know a real opinion from anyone that may have had similar experiences in the past. Seriously, its far to late (or early depending on your location) for me to read much into sarcasm.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 am

I know that was a little mean, but I couldn't resist.

On a more serious note: the fact that it was updated on Sunday is strange but it doesn't mean anything. Not a thing. You're reading too much into the admissions timing. They know that they've got you until April because you're not required to make a decision until then on your other offers.

Steve2207

Postby Steve2207 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 am

TripTrip wrote:I know that was a little mean, but I couldn't resist.

On a more serious note: the fact that it was updated on Sunday is strange but it doesn't mean anything. Not a thing. You're reading too much into the admissions timing. They know that they've got you until April because you're not required to make a decision until then on your other offers.

Yeah I know, it’s probably no big deal. The update just made me a little more anxious, and the Sunday thing has me reading into it more than I probably should. The fact is though (and I am sure they could care less), I am going to pay my seat deposit for my second pick if I do not have a decision by March 8th. I am SO ready to end this cycle, and start planning for my future This cycle has me so confused that I am not even certain that my first pick is still my preference over the one that offered me the scholarship. One thing I am certain of though is that the delayed decision from the school I am waiting on is a pretty clear sign that I shouldn’t be expecting any $$$.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”