Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Steve2207

Bronze

Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?

stillwater

Gold

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Post by stillwater » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

get used to it

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?
They're making decisions, but you probably are in the grey area between easy admit and easy reject so they are going to make you wait and see how everything plays out.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?
I'm sorry, muffin, we'll get those decisions to you as soon as possible.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Welcome to the legal profession. Many of us are still waiting for grades.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm

LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?
I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to review something that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to review something that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.
That's why they offer the option to apply EA.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.
They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:24 pm

manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.
They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.
Well, given that I am married, I think picking up some chick in a bar is a bad idea. I also disagree that they don’t owe students a decision. Students pay an application fee, and therefore are entitled to a decision. If that decision is no, fine, I will go to one of the other schools that were respectful enough to give me a prompt decision. I can handle it either way and I am in no way “freaking out”, but I need to know so that I can plan accordingly for the relocation of my family. I understand what you are trying to say here, and it’s a valid point. However, I disagree with you.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:

Well, given that I am married, I think picking up some chick in a bar is a bad idea. I also disagree that they don’t owe students a decision. Students pay an application fee, and therefore are entitled to a decision. If that decision is no, fine, I will go to one of the other schools that were respectful enough to give me a prompt decision. I can handle it either way and I am in no way “freaking out”, but I need to know so that I can plan accordingly for the relocation of my family. I understand what you are trying to say here, and it’s a valid point. However, I disagree with you.
Take your wife on a ski trip. You might not have a free week for the next 40 years or so, if everything works out for you in law school.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:

While I can definitely empathize, this will be the easiest wait of your law career. 1L grades and OCI decisions will be much worse. So I would take MoJ's advice and chill.

stuckinthemiddle

Bronze

Post by stuckinthemiddle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:

Definitely agree with your point, but I guess life just isn't fair. I hope you are able to sort everything out once you get these decisions. :( Would suck if they came in too late.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Instead of a ski trip, I’ve got one better. I am going to tour my second choice this coming Friday and sit in on a class. Afterward, my family and I are going to spend the weekend in a hotel, and get a feel for the area. They accepted me 12 days after I applied and even offered a decent scholarship (despite me being below their median LSAT). I am sure my top pick doesn’t give a shit but they may have just lost a potential student due to their delay.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm sure they're very upset about this news.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Troll

ETA: Or you are just stupid and entitled. I have a family too...you are not special. Sack up
Last edited by WhiteyCakes on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Instead of a ski trip, I’ve got one better. I am going to tour my second choice this coming Friday and sit in on a class. Afterward, my family and I are going to spend the weekend in a hotel, and get a feel for the area. They accepted me 12 days after I applied and even offered a decent scholarship (despite me being below their median LSAT). I am sure my top pick doesn’t give a shit but they may have just lost a potential student due to their delay.
I am sorry bro, but that made me crack up. I just stopped reading after those two sentences and cracked up.

I am not saying don't. In fact, that's a pretty darn good idea, TBH. I would recommend 0Ls focus their preparation not on substantive law but orientation--to exams, to classes. Just be forewarned: it's just orientation, and it'll all go out the windows soon enough. But it will probably help you hit the ground running...

...but yea, don't spend too long in class. Take the kids to see the sights. I am sure you'll have a great time. (not sarcastic).

And cut your top choice some slack. Life's a bitch, the cycle is all screwed up, they don't know what to do, and your application cost like, what, 90 bucks? And you're only asking for admission into your dream school. Until they make a move, they have the upper hand.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm

LeDique wrote:I'm sure they're very upset about this news.
No need to poke fun at me, as I already said, I am sure that they do not care.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Chill. I got my last regular decision in May last year and someone I know got in off the waitlist in august

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm

manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:Instead of a ski trip, I’ve got one better. I am going to tour my second choice this coming Friday and sit in on a class. Afterward, my family and I are going to spend the weekend in a hotel, and get a feel for the area. They accepted me 12 days after I applied and even offered a decent scholarship (despite me being below their median LSAT). I am sure my top pick doesn’t give a shit but they may have just lost a potential student due to their delay.
I am sorry bro, but that made me crack up. I just stopped reading after those two sentences and cracked up.

I am not saying don't. In fact, that's a pretty darn good idea, TBH. I would recommend 0Ls focus their preparation not on substantive law but orientation--to exams, to classes. Just be forewarned: it's just orientation, and it'll all go out the windows soon enough. But it will probably help you hit the ground running...

...but yea, don't spend too long in class. Take the kids to see the sights. I am sure you'll have a great time. (not sarcastic).

And cut your top choice some slack. Life's a bitch, the cycle is all screwed up, they don't know what to do, and your application cost like, what, 90 bucks? And you're only asking for admission into your dream school. Until they make a move, they have the upper hand.
Thanks for the input, and in response to the earlier poster, I am not a troll, or stupid, nor do I feel entitled. Just abit frustrated, as I am sure many of us are this cycle.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 am

[quote="Steve2207"Thanks for the input, and in response to the earlier poster, I am not a troll, or stupid, nor do I feel entitled. Just abit frustrated, as I am sure many of us are this cycle.[/quote]get used to it

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 am

Maybe OP should retake and score higher if he wants quicker decisions.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am

WanderingPondering wrote:Maybe OP should retake and score higher if he wants quicker decisions.
Haha. Or slower ones, at some schools.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 am

WanderingPondering wrote:Maybe OP should retake and score higher if he wants quicker decisions.
As I stated earlier, they have not even looked at the application yet, and therefore, have not given much thought to my score yet. Obviously, my opinion that it is improper for schools to encourage students to apply very early and then just set the application aside without looking at it, is not one that many agree with on here so I will let it go.

rouser

Bronze

Post by rouser » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 am

email them to let them know

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”