Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby stillwater » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

get used to it

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby ph14 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?


They're making decisions, but you probably are in the grey area between easy admit and easy reject so they are going to make you wait and see how everything plays out.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby stillwater » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?


I'm sorry, muffin, we'll get those decisions to you as soon as possible.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12711
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby LeDique » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Welcome to the legal profession. Many of us are still waiting for grades.

User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm

LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to review something that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby dowu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to review something that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.

That's why they offer the option to apply EA.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.


They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.

User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:24 pm

manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.


They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.


Well, given that I am married, I think picking up some chick in a bar is a bad idea. I also disagree that they don’t owe students a decision. Students pay an application fee, and therefore are entitled to a decision. If that decision is no, fine, I will go to one of the other schools that were respectful enough to give me a prompt decision. I can handle it either way and I am in no way “freaking out”, but I need to know so that I can plan accordingly for the relocation of my family. I understand what you are trying to say here, and it’s a valid point. However, I disagree with you.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.


They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.


Well, given that I am married, I think picking up some chick in a bar is a bad idea. I also disagree that they don’t owe students a decision. Students pay an application fee, and therefore are entitled to a decision. If that decision is no, fine, I will go to one of the other schools that were respectful enough to give me a prompt decision. I can handle it either way and I am in no way “freaking out”, but I need to know so that I can plan accordingly for the relocation of my family. I understand what you are trying to say here, and it’s a valid point. However, I disagree with you.


Take your wife on a ski trip. You might not have a free week for the next 40 years or so, if everything works out for you in law school.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Yukos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.


They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.


Well, given that I am married, I think picking up some chick in a bar is a bad idea. I also disagree that they don’t owe students a decision. Students pay an application fee, and therefore are entitled to a decision. If that decision is no, fine, I will go to one of the other schools that were respectful enough to give me a prompt decision. I can handle it either way and I am in no way “freaking out”, but I need to know so that I can plan accordingly for the relocation of my family. I understand what you are trying to say here, and it’s a valid point. However, I disagree with you.


While I can definitely empathize, this will be the easiest wait of your law career. 1L grades and OCI decisions will be much worse. So I would take MoJ's advice and chill.

User avatar
stuckinthemiddle
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
LeDique wrote:Holy shit, could you sound more entitled?


I am certainly entitled to a decision. I think it is pretty rude of the schools to tell everyone to apply early and then not even look at the application for 2 months, (and yes, my status checker shows that it is not even being reviewed yet). When you have a family to relocate, like me, it is a bit annoying standing by for months as a school takes it sweet time to make a decision that may affect the lives of your family! Of course, if the decision is taking some time, then that’s a different story, but they could at least update the status checker to reflect that.


They don't have to do shit for you. Professors don't have to do shit for you. Judges don't have to do shit for you. Clients don't have to do shit for you. Fucking court clerks don't have to do shit for you. Our whole profession is a bunch of people with a shit load of work to do, all by deadlines, when everyone needs someone else's cooperation or else they can't do what they need to do, but no can afford to give a shit about anyone else.

The ones who succeed are the ones who know how to get people to do shit for them. And the first step is to fucking chill, broskee...trust me, law school will make you wish that at this moment in your life, right now, you got the fuck off of TLS and got yourself laid. Tell some chick at the bar you got a 178 and are going to Harvard.


Well, given that I am married, I think picking up some chick in a bar is a bad idea. I also disagree that they don’t owe students a decision. Students pay an application fee, and therefore are entitled to a decision. If that decision is no, fine, I will go to one of the other schools that were respectful enough to give me a prompt decision. I can handle it either way and I am in no way “freaking out”, but I need to know so that I can plan accordingly for the relocation of my family. I understand what you are trying to say here, and it’s a valid point. However, I disagree with you.


Definitely agree with your point, but I guess life just isn't fair. I hope you are able to sort everything out once you get these decisions. :( Would suck if they came in too late.

User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Instead of a ski trip, I’ve got one better. I am going to tour my second choice this coming Friday and sit in on a class. Afterward, my family and I are going to spend the weekend in a hotel, and get a feel for the area. They accepted me 12 days after I applied and even offered a decent scholarship (despite me being below their median LSAT). I am sure my top pick doesn’t give a shit but they may have just lost a potential student due to their delay.

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12711
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby LeDique » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm sure they're very upset about this news.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Troll

ETA: Or you are just stupid and entitled. I have a family too...you are not special. Sack up
Last edited by WhiteyCakes on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Instead of a ski trip, I’ve got one better. I am going to tour my second choice this coming Friday and sit in on a class. Afterward, my family and I are going to spend the weekend in a hotel, and get a feel for the area. They accepted me 12 days after I applied and even offered a decent scholarship (despite me being below their median LSAT). I am sure my top pick doesn’t give a shit but they may have just lost a potential student due to their delay.


I am sorry bro, but that made me crack up. I just stopped reading after those two sentences and cracked up.

I am not saying don't. In fact, that's a pretty darn good idea, TBH. I would recommend 0Ls focus their preparation not on substantive law but orientation--to exams, to classes. Just be forewarned: it's just orientation, and it'll all go out the windows soon enough. But it will probably help you hit the ground running...

...but yea, don't spend too long in class. Take the kids to see the sights. I am sure you'll have a great time. (not sarcastic).

And cut your top choice some slack. Life's a bitch, the cycle is all screwed up, they don't know what to do, and your application cost like, what, 90 bucks? And you're only asking for admission into your dream school. Until they make a move, they have the upper hand.

User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm

LeDique wrote:I'm sure they're very upset about this news.


No need to poke fun at me, as I already said, I am sure that they do not care.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby dingbat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Steve2207 wrote:Alright, holiday season is over and I am still waiting for 2 admission decisions, and I have noticed on LSN that lots of other people are still waiting as well. How long until schools start getting serious again about this admission cycle?

Chill. I got my last regular decision in May last year and someone I know got in off the waitlist in august

User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 pm

manofjustice wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:Instead of a ski trip, I’ve got one better. I am going to tour my second choice this coming Friday and sit in on a class. Afterward, my family and I are going to spend the weekend in a hotel, and get a feel for the area. They accepted me 12 days after I applied and even offered a decent scholarship (despite me being below their median LSAT). I am sure my top pick doesn’t give a shit but they may have just lost a potential student due to their delay.


I am sorry bro, but that made me crack up. I just stopped reading after those two sentences and cracked up.

I am not saying don't. In fact, that's a pretty darn good idea, TBH. I would recommend 0Ls focus their preparation not on substantive law but orientation--to exams, to classes. Just be forewarned: it's just orientation, and it'll all go out the windows soon enough. But it will probably help you hit the ground running...

...but yea, don't spend too long in class. Take the kids to see the sights. I am sure you'll have a great time. (not sarcastic).

And cut your top choice some slack. Life's a bitch, the cycle is all screwed up, they don't know what to do, and your application cost like, what, 90 bucks? And you're only asking for admission into your dream school. Until they make a move, they have the upper hand.


Thanks for the input, and in response to the earlier poster, I am not a troll, or stupid, nor do I feel entitled. Just abit frustrated, as I am sure many of us are this cycle.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby dingbat » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 am

[quote="Steve2207"Thanks for the input, and in response to the earlier poster, I am not a troll, or stupid, nor do I feel entitled. Just abit frustrated, as I am sure many of us are this cycle.[/quote]get used to it

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby WanderingPondering » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:04 am

Maybe OP should retake and score higher if he wants quicker decisions.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby manofjustice » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 am

WanderingPondering wrote:Maybe OP should retake and score higher if he wants quicker decisions.


Haha. Or slower ones, at some schools.

User avatar
Steve2207
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby Steve2207 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:11 am

WanderingPondering wrote:Maybe OP should retake and score higher if he wants quicker decisions.


As I stated earlier, they have not even looked at the application yet, and therefore, have not given much thought to my score yet. Obviously, my opinion that it is improper for schools to encourage students to apply very early and then just set the application aside without looking at it, is not one that many agree with on here so I will let it go.

User avatar
rouser
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Christmas break is over, why are we still waiting?

Postby rouser » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 am

email them to let them know




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: phelpsy and 5 guests