Online Law Schools: JD Programs...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JamMasterJ

Re: Online Law Schools: JD Programs...

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Bar passage is due to quality of students, not the school, since you learn the bar in Barbri anyway. But going to law school online is still a terrible decision.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Bar passage is due to quality of students, not the school, since you learn the bar in Barbri anyway. But going to law school online is still a terrible decision.

I haven't taken barbri yet, but I assume that if you don't understand the law (as opposed to knowing the rules) you don't stand a chance, even if you took barbri

haus

Postby haus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am

dingbat wrote:I haven't taken barbri yet, but I assume that if you don't understand the law (as opposed to knowing the rules) you don't stand a chance, even if you took barbri

I suspect that this may be overstating matters somewhat. Understanding gained from being in a (reasonably) quality law school surely helps, but I would bet that there are a fair number of motivated students who through a mixture of self study and a bar review course would be able to pass a bar exam without having attended law school if they were given the opportunity to try.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:30 am

dingbat wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Bar passage is due to quality of students, not the school, since you learn the bar in Barbri anyway. But going to law school online is still a terrible decision.

I haven't taken barbri yet, but I assume that if you don't understand the law (as opposed to knowing the rules) you don't stand a chance, even if you took barbri

A friend of mine from law school used to love citing a study that found that college freshmen (? I forget, it might have been seniors - but in any case, students with no law school experience) who took Barbri passed the bar at pretty much exactly the same rates as law school graduates.

dowu

Postby dowu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dingbat wrote:

A friend of mine from law school used to love citing a study that found that college freshmen (? I forget, it might have been seniors - but in any case, students with no law school experience) who took Barbri passed the bar at pretty much exactly the same rates as law school graduates.

Find the study.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:37 am

nmop_apisdn wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Find the study.

Sorry, no idea what it is, and the five minutes of googling I was willing to put in didn't net anything. I trust this guy, because he's congenitally incapable of lying, and smart enough that I trust him to read the study accurately. But no, I can't trace it to the source, so it might be apocryphal.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
epiphinous7 wrote:
Br3v wrote:
Nova wrote:Dont do it

Why is this thread 2 pages long?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”